AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Alaska Mileage Plan Miles do not expire as long as you keep your account active. Keeping your account active is defined by Alaska Mileage Plan as earning or redeeming at least one mile in a 24-month period.
Complete terms on Mileage Plan expiration are as follows:
Mileage Plan miles do not have an expiration date and may remain in an active account indefinitely, provided that the Mileage Plan program has not been terminated pursuant to these conditions of membership. Activity in an account includes redeeming a Mileage Plan award or accruing mileage in the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan program. However, notwithstanding any term to the contrary, if a Mileage Plan account is inactive for 2 years, Alaska Airlines may close the account, delete any mileage balance and reassign the Mileage Plan number. Deleted mileage can be reinstated for a fee for up to 1 year. To reinstate a Mileage Plan account please contact customer care.
How Do I Earn Alaska Mileage Plan Miles?
In addition to taking a flight with Alaska, there are plenty of options to earn miles with Mileage Plan. These include:
- You can earn miles every time you fly with one of Alaska’s airline partners, a few of which include American, Emirates, and Cathay Pacific
- Next time you check into a hotel, link it to your Alaska Miles account and earn miles for your stays at some of the world’s leading chains, including IHG, Hilton, SPG, and Marriott
- Rent a car from one of Alaska’s car rental partners, and earn miles while you drive. Partners include Avis, Dollar, and Hertz
- Earn miles when you shop through Alaska’s shopping portal
- Next time you go out for dinner, use Alaska’s dining portal and earn miles for eating out
- You can also earn miles on a broad array of everyday items from flowers to wines, with Alaska’s everyday partners
- Use an Alaska Airlines co-branded credit card and earn miles every time you spend.
How Can I Redeem Alaska Mileage Plan Miles?
When it comes to redeeming Alaska Mileage Plan miles you have many options including:
- Redeem your miles for flights on Alaska Airlines
- Redeem your miles for flights with Alaska’s airline partners
- Use your Miles for magazine subscriptions, including Health, Time, and Fortune
- You can share, gift, or donate your miles to good causes, such as make a wish or Hero Miles
What If Your Mileage Plan Miles Expire?
If by chance you have let your miles expire, it need not be a disaster. You can reactivate your account and reclaim your lost miles by contacting Alaska’s Customer care line at 1-800-654-5669. Deleted balances can be reinstated for a $75 fee for up to 1 year after the deletion date.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.