AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Flying Blue has announced a host of routes for its August Flying Blue Promo Rewards. This month, several U.S. destinations are participating. Some routes are in business class, while others are in economy only, and awards are discounted by 25%. To take advantage of this month’s awards, bookings must be made by August 31st, 2019.
Options For North America
The options from North America to Europe this month include:
- Boston to Europe in economy class from 34,500 miles round trip, 17,250 miles one way.
- Houston to Europe in economy class from 43,500 miles round trip, 21,750 miles one way.
- Chicago to Europe in business class from 87,000 miles round trip, 43,500 miles one way.
- Edmonton to Europe in business class from 91,500 miles round trip, 45,750 miles one way.
- Vancouver to Europe in business class from 89,250 miles round trip, 44,625 miles one way.
- Calgary to Europe in business class from 90,750 miles round trip, 45,375 miles one way.
The travel window for the August Promo Awards is from October 1, 2019, through November 30, 2019.
Other Global Destinations
If you are looking to travel further afield from Europe, there are several excellent options this month’s Flying Blue Promo Rewards. Global destinations benefiting from a 50% discount this month include:
- Quito, Ecuador, in economy, premium economy, and business.
- Amman, Jordan, in business.
- Beirut, Lebanon, in premium economy.
- Cairo, Egypt, in premium economy.
- Dubai, UAE, in premium economy.
There are also plenty of destinations in Europe, with discounts varying from 20% to 40%.
Key Points To remember
- Bookings must be made by August 31st, 2019.
- Travel window is from October 1st, 2019, through November 30th, 2019.
- Bookings only valid if made via KLM.com or AirFrance.com; phone bookings are not possible.
- Tickets cannot be canceled, changed, or refunded.
Boosting Your Flying Blue Balance
If you want to take advantage of the promotion but are a few miles short, then you are in luck. Flying Blue is one of the few airlines that is a transfer partner to most major points currencies—including the newest transferrable points, Capital One miles. Transfer ratios vary from program to program, and they typically post instantly, except with Marriott Bonvoy, which can take up to three days.
Flying Blue Promo Awards can be a little hit and miss sometimes; this month it is a hit with some great options from North America to Europe. Although a discount of 25% is not the highest we have seen, it is still nothing to be looked down on, especially in premium cabins. One thing to remember: if you see a route that interests you, it is best to book ASAP since there is limited availability and the best routes get snapped up quickly.
Source: Flying Blue
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.