AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Just in time for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Citi is offering an extra 5% cash back when you use your Citi credit card for online purchases. That's in addition to what your card already earns. With all the deals available online this week, this is a great opportunity to get up to $25 back on your spending.
Extra 5% Cash Back with Citi
- Enroll for this offer with your Citi card before making purchases
- Purchase with your eligible Citi card and receive an extra 5% cash back — in addition to your card's typical earnings
- Limited to $500 in purchases, for a maximum of $25 cash back
- Only online purchases are eligible for this promotion
- Promotion ends on November 30, 2020
- Only available to Citi cardholders whose account was open as of October 23, 2020
Terms and Conditions
- Credit will be posted to your account within 1-2 billing cycles
- Balance transfers, cash advances, checks that access your Card Account, items returned for credit, unauthorized charges, interest and account fees, traveler’s checks, foreign currency purchases, money orders, wire transfers (and similar cash-like transactions), lottery tickets, gaming chips (and similar betting transactions), Citi Flex Loans and the creation of Citi Flex Pays, are not purchases.
Which Cards Are Eligible for an Extra 5% Cash Back?
It seems almost all Citi cards are targeted for this offer. The only restriction in the terms and conditions is that your account must have been open since October 23, 2020. Checking around the AwardWallet team, we found that at least some of us received this offer on the following types of Citi credit cards:
- Citi Premier® Card
- Citi Prestige® Card
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
- Citi® Dividend Card
- Citi® Double Cash Card
- AT&T Access Card from Citi
However, others with the AA Platinum Select didn't get this offer. Feel free to leave a comment below with which cards you have that were (or were not) targeted.
If you're planning to make any purchases online this week to take advantage of Black Friday or Cyber Monday and have an eligible Citi card, there's no reason not to get an extra 5% cash back with this deal. All you need to do is enroll for the offer.
I'm guessing many of you will be able to hit the $500 limit. I know I certainly have that much in purchases I want to make with all the specials out this week.
If you don't already have a Citi card, you might want to consider getting one so you can also grab deals like this. We recently ranked the Citi Premier as the best card for gas and fuel. Plus, those with the Prestige Card can temporarily earn 5X points on online, cable, and streaming purchases through 12/31/2020, in addition to this extra 5% cash back promotion. In other words, there are a lot of deals available this holiday season with Citi.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.