AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express and Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
We’ve seen plenty of big welcome offers come across the desk at AwardWallet this year, but few can boast the same value as the current offer on The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
Right now, new cardmembers of the Business Platinum Card can land up to 85,000 Membership Rewards points Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 35,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. (Terms Apply). While the spend is significant, this is an excellent offer for businesses that won't have trouble meeting the requirement.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year
- 1X point on other purchases
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
Recap of Business Platinum Card Perks and Benefits
We consider the Business Platinum Card one of the best (if not THE best) premium rewards cards available to business owners, particularly when paired with other Membership Rewards earning cards like The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express. In addition to the high-value welcome offer, cardholders can enjoy premium benefits and travel perks, including:
- $200 annual airline incidentals credit
- Access to over 1,000 lounges worldwide including Centurion Lounges, Delta Sky Club (when flying Delta), international American Express Lounges, a Priority Pass Select membership, and many more
- Complimentary elite status with multiple loyalty programs including Hilton Honors and Marriott Rewards
- 5X points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- 50% bonus points (1.5x points per dollar) on eligible purchases of $5,000+, up to 1 million points per year
- 35% bonus when using Pay with Points to cover airfare on your selected airline, and all first and business class flights with any airline available through Amex Travel, up to 500K points per year
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓ credit every 5 years up to $100 in value
- No foreign transaction fees
Transfer Membership Rewards to Travel Partners to Maximize Value
The Business Platinum Card is unique in that you receive a 35% bonus when using Pay with Points to purchase airfare on your selected airline, or for any first- or business-class tickets purchased through Amex Travel. But you can achieve even higher value by transferring Membership Rewards to 19 different airline partners and 3 hotel partners.
Travel partners providing top redemption options include:
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- ANA Mileage Club
- British Airways Executive Club
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Delta SkyMiles
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- Etihad Guest
- Choice Privileges
Each program offers a variety of award sweet spots, yes, even the humble Choice Privileges program when you redeem in the right locations (think Japan and Northern Europe/Scandinavia). Here are five of our favorite transfer & redemption strategies for Membership Rewards.
American Express only allows you to earn a welcome bonus ‘once per card, per lifetime.'
“Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.”
Thankfully, Amex introduced a handy tool that will notify you whether you qualify to receive the bonus before processing your application.
The $20K initial spend will put this bonus out of reach for some businesses. If your company makes large transactions over $5,000, you’ll benefit from a 50% bonus on those purchases (1.5X points per dollar spent), helping you pile up even more rewards as you work towards your welcome bonus.
It's worth noting that this card has had bonuses as high as 100,000 points, albeit with a higher spend requirement, as recently as early December 2019. Still, a welcome bonus of up to 85,000 is a great deal on any Membership Rewards card, so this is a solid time to apply for the Business Platinum Card. However, it's never a good idea to spend more than necessary, just to earn a bonus. The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card is a great alternative with a lower annual fee and more reasonable spend to earn the new cardmember bonus.
- 3X points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year
- 1X point per $1 on all other purchases
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.