AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
We're constantly asked about what we think is the best card for everyday spend — well here it is. The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express is the latest addition to Amex‘s arsenal of Membership Rewards earning business credit cards.
Earning a solid Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. on all business expenses, the Blue Business Plus is the go-to rewards card for everyday expenses, eclipsing the earn rates of its Amex business card stablemates for non-bonus category spending.
- Get rewarded for business as usual. Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners.
- 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- Enjoy the flexibility to put more purchases on the Card and earn rewards when you buy above your credit limit*.
- You've got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- More buying power for your business means more opportunities to earn points. That's everyday business with the Blue Business Plus Card.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, 13.49%, 17.49% or 21.49%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- Terms Apply
- Rates & Fees
With no annual fee and earning Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners., this is a high-value rewards card. Even better, the Blue Business Plus won't count towards your 5/24 count as it's an Amex business rewards card!
Best Redemption Options for the Blue Business Plus Card
Amex Membership Rewards points earned with Blue Business Plus can be redeemed at 1¢ per piece for travel in the Amex Travel website, but it's not the recommended use as you get a low fixed-return on your points.
Unlike its predecessor, the Blue for Business card, points earned with the Blue Business Plus card work the same as other Amex offerings like the American Express® Gold Card, which allow you to transfer Amex points to American Express travel partners for a much higher value.
For example, transferring Amex points to British Airways Avios during one of the regular 50% transfer bonuses to redeem for short haul flights on AA can offer substantially better value than redeeming directly through the American Express Travel website.
Or if you pair the Blue Business Plus with The Business Platinum® Card from American Express, you can redeem the points through Amex Travel and receive 35% points back when using Membership Rewards® Pay with Points.
The Blue Business Plus is one of the surprise rewards card releases of 2017, offering an amazing return on everyday spending with Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. and no annual fee. As the Blue Business Plus doesn't count towards your Chase 5/24 count, this is a great card to pick up in between personal applications as it has no effect on your new card application count!
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.