AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Yes, Accor points expire if you have no earning activity on your account in 12 months. Per the Accor Live Limitless (ALL) website:
“Rewards points are valid for 12 months after your check-out date.”
Accor Live Limitless has paused expiration for elites (Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond members) through December 15, 2022. See this post for the airline and hotel programs that have paused the expiration of points and miles. Additionally, you can ensure the points in your Accor account don't expire by earning more points.
Keeping Your Accor Points From Expiring
To keep your points from expiring, all you need to do is earn Accor Live Limitless (ALL) points. With any earning activity, Accor will reset your point expiration for an additional 365 days. Historically, this only applied to points earned from stays. However, any activity that earns you a reward point will now extend the validity of your points. The latest update to the terms and conditions was sent out to Accor members in an email earlier this month.
How To Earn Accor Points
Even without staying at Accor properties, you have a host of ways to earn ALL points to ensure your points don't expire:
- Earn points for lifestyle purchases from professional portraits to a subscription to The Economist magazine.
- Credit a Europcar rental to ALL.
- Credit a Hertz rental to ALL. This does not include rentals in the U.S.
- Transfer points earned with Club Eurostar to ALL.
- Transfer your airline miles to Accor ALL. The list of partners is extensive and includes Qatar, Finnair, Aegean, and Flying Blue. However, the ratios tend to be very poor.
- Earn points for travel purchases with the likes of Club Med and Priority Pass.
- Earn points for taking a survey with Club opinions.
- Transfer Capital One Venture Miles to ALL.
Covid-19 Pandemic and Accor Elite Status Earning Booster
ALL announced boosted status earning rates for 2021. This is to take into account the current global travel restrictions and the reduced volume of travel and stays members can complete.
- For 2021, eligible stays earn double status points and double stay nights.
- Meetings and events organized in 2021 as part of a Meeting Planner offer also earn double status points (only applicable to members who have registered for the offer).
Also, you can earn points without hotel stays in 2021. Members can participate in a dining offer and earn points for purchasing food and drinks outside of a typical stay.
Accor updating its T&C to allow any earning activity to qualify towards resetting your expiration clock is brilliant news that is music to the ears of Accor fans. This is doubly true for Accor members based in the U.S. and Canada. That's because of their poor footprint in North America and the current global travel restrictions making it difficult to stay in an Accor property to ensure your points don't expire. The new terms simplify this.
With so many options now available, there is no reason for you to wake up one morning and find all your Accor Points have disappeared!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.