AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards are back again for another month. For the uninitiated, Flying Blue is the loyalty program for Air France, KLM, and a few smaller airlines. And Promo Rewards is the program's monthly promotion to discount award flights by up to 50% off on select routes. Depending on the route, Flying Blue may discount any combination of economy, premium economy, and business class awards.
Before COVID-19, Promo Rewards were available on both short- and long-haul flights. Flying Blue halted these rewards for a period of time due to the pandemic, before reviving the program in fall 2020. However, the list of available flight options looks a lot different than before.
While short-haul promo reward options are plentiful, just ten destinations outside of Europe included on January's list. While flights between Europe and North America are still not included, more and more options outside of Europe are making the cut each month.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards Key Details
- Tickets must be booked through either the Air France or KLM websites.
- Book select award flights by January 30, 2021 to enjoy promotional pricing.
- For Air France flights, travel dates must be between December 31, 2020 and August 30, 2021.
- For KLM flights, travel dates must be between March 31, 2021 and August 30, 2021.
- Discounts of 25-50% are available this month, all on economy bookings.
- There are a total of 47 destinations on the full list, ten of which are long-haul options offering a 50% discount for economy.
- Of the ten long-haul routes included — six carryovers from last month and three (below) are new inclusions:
- St Martin (on Air France)
- St Martin (on KLM)
Flying Blue Transfer Partners
If you are short on miles, Flying Blue has an expansive network of partnerships. Flying Blue is one of the few frequent flyer programs that is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs:
- American Express Membership Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Capital One Miles — 4:3 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Chase Ultimate Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Citi ThankYou Points — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Marriott Bonvoy — 3:1 transfer ratio, 1-3 day transfer time
Even outside of Promo Rewards, Flying Blue offers several sweet spots for members to take advantage of.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards offer an amazing opportunity to get the most out of your points and miles. Destinations for January may not span the globe. But, just the fact that this promotion is continuing after a several-month break is an encouraging sign for award travel.
Historically, flyers couldn't change or cancel Promo Rewards tickets. However, travelers can make changes free of charge until April 1, 2021, per Flying Blue's updated rebooking policy. As with everything related to COVID-19, this policy may extend longer than that as well. Coupled with the unusually long window of opportunity for travel, Flying Blue is making it easier for travelers to capitalize on these deals.
Remember that Flying Blue is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs. That means when Flying Blue Promo Rewards expand to your region of the world, you will be able to redeem for discounted awards no matter which transferable points you collect.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.