AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards are back again for another month. For the uninitiated, Flying Blue is the loyalty program for Air France, KLM, and a few smaller airlines. And Promo Rewards is the program's monthly promotion to discount award flights by up to 50% off on select routes. Flying Blue may discount any combination of economy, premium economy, and business class awards — depending on the route.
Flying Blue halted the Promo Rewards promotion for a period of time due to the pandemic, before reviving the program in fall 2020. Slowly but surely, the list of eligible destinations is recovering to what the program offered before the pandemic.
January's offerings include a modest selection of global destinations, all of which are located in Europe or North America. Fortunately for those in North America, options are plentiful in the January listing, with 14 total offerings. Similar to most months as of late, Flying Blue is only discounting economy awards by 25% on available routes.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards Key Details
- Tickets must be booked through either the Air France or KLM websites.
- Book select award flights by January 31, 2022 to enjoy promotional pricing.
- Travel dates must be between January 1, 2022 and June 30, 2022.
- Discounts of 25% are advertised this month.
- There are a total of 31 routes on the full list, with 14 options in North America.
- Offerings across the United States, Canada, and Mexico are plentiful this month:
- United States: Chicago, Houston, Salt Lake City, and San Francisco,
- Canada: Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver
- Mexico: Cancun and Mexico City
Flying Blue Transfer Partners
If you are short on miles, Flying Blue has an expansive network of partnerships. Flying Blue is one of the few frequent flyer programs that is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs:
- American Express Membership Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Capital One Miles — 1:1 transfer ratio (improved on October 7, 2021), immediate transfer time
- Chase Ultimate Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Citi ThankYou Points — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Marriott Bonvoy — 3:1 transfer ratio, 1-3 day transfer time
Even outside of Promo Rewards, Flying Blue offers several sweet spots for members to take advantage of.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards offer an amazing opportunity to get the most out of your points and miles. 2022 begins with a bang for North American travelers, given the plethora of destinations available in January. Hopefully future months will see Flying Blue expand discounts beyond 25% for economy class only.
In the before times, flyers couldn't change or cancel Promo Rewards tickets. However, travelers can make changes free of charge for travel on or before June 30, 2022, per Flying Blue's updated rebooking policy. As with everything related to COVID-19, this policy may extend longer than that as well. Coupled with the unusually long window of opportunity for travel, Flying Blue is making it easier for travelers to capitalize on these deals.
Remember that Flying Blue is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs. That means when Flying Blue Promo Rewards expand to your region of the world, you will be able to redeem for discounted awards no matter which transferable points you collect.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.