AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards are back again for another month. For the uninitiated, Flying Blue is the loyalty program for Air France, KLM, and a few smaller airlines. And Promo Rewards is the program's monthly promotion to discount award flights by up to 50% off on select routes. Flying Blue may discount any combination of economy, premium economy, and business class awards — depending on the route.
Before COVID-19, Promo Rewards were available on both short- and long-haul flights. Flying Blue halted these rewards for a period of time due to the pandemic, before reviving the program in fall 2020. However, the list of available flight options looks a lot different than before.
This month's offerings are once again limited, though not confined to Europe. A total of just 26 destinations are included on the July listing. In general, reduced route offerings represent a step backward for Flying Blue Promo Rewards. But, the fact that they are still available — albeit in a limited capacity — is a positive.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards Key Details
- Tickets must be booked through either the Air France or KLM websites.
- Book select award flights by July 30, 2021 to enjoy promotional pricing.
- Travel dates must be between June 30, 2021 and December 30, 2021.
- Discounts of 25% are advertised this month, all on economy bookings.
- There are a total of 26 destinations on the full list, including 4 (really only 3) outside of Europe.
- Both the Caribbean and South America enjoy route representation this month:
Flying Blue Transfer Partners
If you are short on miles, Flying Blue has an expansive network of partnerships. Flying Blue is one of the few frequent flyer programs that is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs:
- American Express Membership Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Capital One Miles — 4:3 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Chase Ultimate Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Citi ThankYou Points — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Marriott Bonvoy — 3:1 transfer ratio, 1-3 day transfer time
Even outside of Promo Rewards, Flying Blue offers several sweet spots for members to take advantage of.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards offer an amazing opportunity to get the most out of your points and miles. Although destinations for July are limited in number once again, this month allows for discounted travel beyond just Europe.
Historically, flyers couldn't change or cancel Promo Rewards tickets. However, travelers can make changes free of charge for travel on or before December 31, 2021, per Flying Blue's updated rebooking policy. As with everything related to COVID-19, this policy may extend longer than that as well. Coupled with the unusually long window of opportunity for travel, Flying Blue is making it easier for travelers to capitalize on these deals.
Remember that Flying Blue is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs. That means when Flying Blue Promo Rewards expand to your region of the world, you will be able to redeem for discounted awards no matter which transferable points you collect.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.