AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Update: you must have booked select award flights by September 29, 2020.
After a multi-month hiatus, Flying Blue Promo Rewards have returned!
For the uninitiated, Flying Blue is the loyalty program for Air France and KLM. And Promo Rewards is the program's monthly promotion to discount award flights by up to 50% off on select routes. Depending on the route, Flying Blue may discount any combination of economy, premium economy, and business class awards.
Before COVID-19, Promo Rewards were available on both short- and long-haul flights. However, while Flying Blue Promo Rewards are available once again, the list looks a lot different than before. While short-haul promo reward options are plentiful, there are just four destinations outside of Europe included on September's list. And unfortunately, flights between Europe and North America are not included.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards Key Details
- Tickets must be booked through either the Air France or KLM websites
- Book select award flights by September 29, 2020 to enjoy promotional pricing
- Travel dates must be between September 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021
- Discounts of anywhere between 15% and 25% are available this month
- There are a total of 46 destinations on the full list. However, the list only includes four long-haul options:
- Fort de France, Martinique (20% off Economy)
- Papeete, French Polynesia (20% off Premium Economy)
- Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe (20% off Economy)
- Saint-Denis, Réunion, France (20% off Premium Economy)
Flying Blue Transfer Partners
If you are short on miles, Flying Blue has an expansive network of partnerships. Flying Blue is one of the few frequent flyer programs that is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs:
- American Express Membership Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Capital One Miles — 4:3 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Chase Ultimate Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Citi ThankYou Points — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Marriott Bonvoy — 3:1 transfer ratio, 1-3 day transfer time
Even outside of Promo Rewards, Flying Blue offers several sweet spots for members to take advantage of.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards offer an amazing opportunity to get the most out of your points and miles. Destinations for September may not span the globe. But, just the fact that this promotion has returned after a several-month break is an encouraging sign for award travel.
Historically, flyers couldn't change or cancel Promo Rewards tickets. However, travelers can make changes free of charge until further notice — due to what Flying Blue has termed the “coronavirus situation”. Coupled with the unusually long window of opportunity for travel, Flying Blue is making it easier for travelers to capitalize on these deals.
Remember that Flying Blue is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs. That means when Flying Blue Promo Rewards expand to your region of the world, you will be able to redeem for discounted awards no matter which transferable points you collect.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.