AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards are back again for another month. For the uninitiated, Flying Blue is the loyalty program for Air France, KLM, and a few smaller airlines. And Promo Rewards is the program's monthly promotion to discount award flights by up to 50% off on select routes. Flying Blue may discount any combination of economy, premium economy, and business class awards — depending on the route.
Before COVID-19, Promo Rewards were available on both short- and long-haul flights. Flying Blue halted this promotion for a period of time due to the pandemic, before reviving the program in fall 2020. However, the list of available flight options looks a lot different than before.
This month's offerings mark a long-awaited return to North America, although not yet to the United States. A total of 67 destinations are included on the September listing, nearly a 50% increase from last month. Better yet, among the available destinations are options in Africa, Asia, North America, and South America. However, ever since the pandemic hit, only economy awards have been discounted on available routes.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards Key Details
- Tickets must be booked through either the Air France or KLM websites.
- Book select award flights by September 30, 2021 to enjoy promotional pricing.
- Travel dates must be between September 1, 2021 and February 28, 2022.
- Discounts of 25% are advertised this month, all on economy bookings.
- There are a total of 67 destinations on the full list, including 13 listings outside of Europe.
- Once again, both Canada and Mexico enjoy multiple options this month:
- Canada: Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver
- Mexico: Cancun, Mexico City
Flying Blue Transfer Partners
If you are short on miles, Flying Blue has an expansive network of partnerships. Flying Blue is one of the few frequent flyer programs that is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs:
- American Express Membership Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Capital One Miles — 4:3 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Chase Ultimate Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Citi ThankYou Points — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Marriott Bonvoy — 3:1 transfer ratio, 1-3 day transfer time
Even outside of Promo Rewards, Flying Blue offers several sweet spots for members to take advantage of.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards offer an amazing opportunity to get the most out of your points and miles. Although destinations for August still do not include any within the United States, this month marks a return to a broader global set of destinations after quite a long period of limited options.
In the before times, flyers couldn't change or cancel Promo Rewards tickets. However, travelers can make changes free of charge for travel on or before March 31, 2022, per Flying Blue's updated rebooking policy. As with everything related to COVID-19, this policy may extend longer than that as well. Coupled with the unusually long window of opportunity for travel, Flying Blue is making it easier for travelers to capitalize on these deals.
Remember that Flying Blue is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs. That means when Flying Blue Promo Rewards expand to your region of the world, you will be able to redeem for discounted awards no matter which transferable points you collect.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.