AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards are back again for another month. For the uninitiated, Flying Blue is the loyalty program for Air France, KLM, and a few smaller airlines. And Promo Rewards is the program's monthly promotion to discount award flights by up to 50% off on select routes. Flying Blue may discount any combination of economy, premium economy, and business class awards — depending on the route.
For the ninth month in a row, Flying Blue offers travelers fewer than 20 eligible options. However, of the 12 destinations that are available in December, half of these are between Europe and North America.
Interestingly, Canada, Mexico, and the United States share representation this month. Travelers based in all three countries have opportunities to take advantage of these deals. Plus, there are two new developments: the return of the 50% discount, plus the return of advertised promo rewards beyond only economy class.
Economy class flights for one-way transatlantic travel start at just 11,250 points, or 22,500 points round trip! See below for more details on this opportunity, plus how to reduce those figures even further.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards Key Details
- Members must book award tickets through either the Air France or KLM websites.
- Book select award flights by December 31, 2022 to enjoy promotional pricing.
- Travel dates must be between December 1, 2022 and May 31, 2023.
- Discounts are limited to 25% this month for all cities except Montreal, where the discount is 50%.
- There are 12 routes on the full list, half of which are within North America:
- Atlanta (ATL): 25% off economy class
- Austin (AUS): 25% off economy class
- Detroit (DTW): 25% off economy class
- Mexico City (MEX): 25% off premium economy class
- Montreal (YUL): 50% off business class
- Toronto (YYZ): 25% off business class
Here are some examples of how you can save using Flying Blue Promo Rewards:
Montreal to Amsterdam for 27,500 miles one-way in business class in March 2023
Toronto to Copenhagen for 41,250 miles one-way in business class in February 2023
Mexico City to Munich for 30,000 miles one-way in premium economy class in May 2023
Austin to Oslo for 15,000 miles one-way in economy class in April 2023
Flying Blue Transfer Partners
If you are short on miles, Flying Blue has an expansive network of partnerships. Flying Blue is one of the few frequent flyer programs that is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs:
- American Express Membership Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time with a 25% transfer bonus through December 7, 2022
- Capital One Miles — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Chase Ultimate Rewards — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Citi ThankYou Points — 1:1 transfer ratio, immediate transfer time
- Marriott Bonvoy — 3:1 transfer ratio, 1-3 day transfer time
For a limited time, travelers can take advantage of a 25% transfer bonus from American Express Membership Rewards to Flying Blue. That reduces the number of Amex points needed for a one-way economy flight from 11,250 to just 9,000! Similarly, the Amex points required for a one-way business class flight drop from 27,500 to 22,000. But you must transfer points by December 7, 2022.
Even outside of Promo Rewards, Flying Blue offers several sweet spots for members to take advantage of.
Flying Blue Promo Rewards offer an amazing opportunity to get the most out of your points and miles. The list of destinations available in December is not very long, but it allows travelers in three different countries enjoy discounts on transatlantic routes. Travelers in Canada should be particularly pleased that business class awards have returned, along with a 50% discount on one route!
In the beforetimes, flyers couldn't change or cancel Promo Rewards tickets. However, travelers can make changes free of charge regardless of dates of travel, per Flying Blue's updated rebooking policy. As with everything related to Covid-19, this policy may change in the future. Coupled with the unusually long window of opportunity for travel, Flying Blue is making it easier for travelers to capitalize on these deals.
Remember that Flying Blue is a transfer partner of all major transferable points programs. That means when Flying Blue Promo Rewards expand to your region of the world, you will be able to redeem for discounted awards no matter which transferable points you collect.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.