AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Yes, HawaiianMiles expire if you have had no activity on your account in the last 18 months. Per Hawaiian Airlines:
Earned mileage will expire when a member does not earn or redeem miles for 18 consecutive months from the last date of member activity.
What Qualifies As Activity?
Hawaiian Airlines deems any earning or redemption as qualifying activity. The following activities qualify to reset your mileage expiration clock:
- Book a Hawaiian Airlines flight with your miles
- Earn miles through shopping with Hawaiian’s shopping partners
- Use the Hawaiian Airlines MileFinder
- Rent a car with a Hawaiian car rental partner
- Stay at a Hawaiian partner hotel
- Earn miles when you book a cruise with a Hawaiian Airlines vacation partners
- You can also earn miles through everyday spend with the Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® (See Terms)
Can I Purchase Miles to Extend the Life of My Miles?
Yes, if you have been unable to meet any of the other activity requirements, purchasing miles will extend your mileage validity. You can purchase miles online or via phone, with a minimum purchase requirement of 500 miles.
Can Expired Miles Be Reinstated?
Expired miles may be reinstated for a fee. Members will need to call the HawaiianMiles Service Center toll-free 1-877-HA-MILES (426-4537). for assistance with the reinstatement of expired miles and payment of the associated fee.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® ((See Terms))
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.