AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Effective from April 12, 2021, Hawaiian Airlines' HawaiianMiles do not expire. Per the Hawaiian Airlines updates page:
“Effective immediately, HawaiianMiles are no longer subject to activity-based expiration. So the miles earned through flights and with our HawaiianMiles Partners will remain available for members whenever they are ready to use them.”
The new policy is a significant change to the previous policy, which was activity-based. Historically your points would expire after 18 months with no activity on your account. Due to COVID-19, Hawaiian paused mileage expiration through December 31, 2020. However, Hawaiian Airlines let Hawaiian miles expire beginning January 1, 2021.
How You Can Earn Hawaiian Airlines Miles
With no expiration threat, you do not have to worry every so often about keeping your points balance alive. Instead, you can focus your efforts on accruing and building up a substantial balance of HawaiianMiles. You can earn HawaiianMiles in all of the following ways:
- Earn miles when you fly with Hawaiian Airlines.
- Earn miles when you fly with a partner airline — including, Japan Airlines, JetBlue, Korean Air, and China Airlines.
- Earn HawaiianMiles for your next hotel stay at brands like Marriott Bonvoy, Castle Resorts & Hotels, and Points Hound.
- Earn miles when you rent a car with Avis, Budget, and Payless.
- Earn miles for everyday purchases using your Hawaiian Airlines Bank of Hawaii World Elite Mastercard.
- Boost your mileage balance by purchasing HawaiianMiles (max 10,000 miles per transaction and 3 transactions per week).
- Earn miles when you purchase flowers.
- Earn miles when you shop for wine, art, and a host of other specialty gifts.
- Earn miles for a host of services from roofing to newspaper advertising.
- You can also earn miles with a host of local shopping activities.
- Earn Miles when you take a cruise vacation.
With so many options to earn and no more expiration policy, you can focus on building your Hawaiian Airlines miles balance. With a well-developed network of partners, you can credit a flight from London to New York (about as far away as possible from Hawaii) on Virgin Atlantic to Hawaiian Airlines and grow your balance. Or you can earn miles while at home through Hawaiian's variety of partners.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.