AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Aeroplan just launched a promotion giving you a 20% transfer bonus when you convert hotel points to Aeroplan points. The promotion is valid for conversions through November 13, 2022.
While many hotel programs are participating in the promotion, unfortunately, there's a notable exception. You will not be eligible to receive a bonus using this offer when you convert Marriott Bonvoy points to Aeroplan points.
Hotel Aeroplan Transfer Bonus Key Terms
- Receive a 20% bonus when you convert participating hotel points to Aeroplan points.
- The promotion is valid for conversions through November 13, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- To take part in the promotion members' Aeroplan accounts must be in good standing.
- Ensure that your name matches exactly on your Aeroplan and hotel accounts.
- Program minimum transfer thresholds must be met to be eligible for the promotion.
- Allow four to six weeks for the points to post to your account
- Marriott Bonvoy is not participating in this offer.
Promotion Transfer Partners and Ratios
Based on minimum transfer requirements and base transfer ratios. You will receive the following number of Aeroplan points.
- Accor All Live Limitless: Receive 2,400 points when you transfer 4,000 Accor points.
- Best Western Rewards: Receive 1,200 Aeroplan points after transferring 5,000 Best Western points.
- Choice Privileges: Receive 1,200 points when you transfer 5,000 Choice Privileges points.
- Hilton Honors: Receive 1,200 Aeroplan Points after transferring 10,000 Hilton Honors points.
- IHG One Rewards: Receive 2,400 Aeroplan Points when you transfer 10,000 IHG One points.
- Radisson Rewards Americas: Receive 1,200 Aeroplan Points after transferring 10,000 Radisson points.
- Shangri-la Circle: Receive 1,200 Aeroplan points when you transfer 1,000 Circle points.
- Wyndham Rewards: Receive 1,440 Aeroplan points after transferring 6,000 Wyndham Rewards points.
One reward program is offering a 100% bonus. For every 1,000 Coast Rewards points you transfer, you will receive 2,000 Aeroplan points. That's an excellent transfer rate for those with Coast Rewards.
Maximizing Your Aeroplan points
Aeroplan is one of the best loyalty programs out there. The airline has many partners, a generous award chart, and some great redemption sweet spots. A quick look and some of the “cheaper” stand-out sweet spots include:
Flights under 500 miles within North America start from 6,000 points plus taxes and fees. This can be a steal on many routes with the U.S. — especially aboard Air Canada's Star Alliance partner United Airlines. But, it's not just domestic routes. You can utilize this sweet spot on some busy international routes — such as from New York City to Toronto or Montreal.
Flights to Hawaii from the U.S. West Coast can also represent great value. Whether you are looking to fly in economy or business class, you can leverage your Aeroplan points on United as follows:
- Economy one-way awards will set you back 12,500 points plus taxes and fees.
- Business class one-way awards will set you back 25,000 points plus taxes and fees.
While there are plenty of other sweet spots to take advantage of, they require substantially more points. Therefore, transferring hotel points to Aeroplan — even with a 20% bonus — may not be the best option to use if you want to book one of those awards.
Aeroplan Points Expiration Policy
If an Aeroplan member hasn't accumulated or redeemed points in 18 months, the Aeroplan points will expire. However, Air Canada has suspended the expiration of all points until May 31, 2023. It's great news that members don't have to worry about their balance expiring until then. That being said, it's important to note that the 18-month period is 18 months from the time of your last transaction.
Also, one way you can save your points from expiring is by transferring from an Aeroplan bank partner. For example, American Express Membership Rewards, Capital One Miles. and Chase Ultimate Rewards all transfer with a 1:1 ratio and instant transfer time. Another option is for you to transfer points from an Aeroplan hotel partner like Marriott Bonvoy with a 3:1 transfer ratio.
Still, even if your points have already expired, you are able to reinstate your points. In specific, if it has been within six months of your account being inactive, you can reinstate the points by taking an Air Canada flight. In addition, you can also reinstate your points by opening an Aeroplan credit card. Thankfully, both options are free of charge. If it has passed six months, all hope isn't lost. You are able to reinstate your points for 1 cent per mile and an additional $30 administrative fee. You can call the Aeroplan Contact Center's number at 1-800-361-5373.
The bottom line is that this is not the most lucrative offer in the world. If you are looking to boost your Aeroplan point balances substantially, you have much better and more lucrative options — such as transferring points from Amex Membership Rewards or Chase Ultimate Rewards.
However, if you have some orphan hotel points you are not planning on using, this Aeroplan transfer bonus promotion is a great way to consolidate your points. This bonus could be a way to top up your balance and book your next award if you are just a few thousand Aeroplan points shy of a redemption.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.