AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Just when we thought the Marriott credit card offers couldn't get any better, Amex announced huge new limited-time offers on the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card and Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card. In addition to six-figure welcome bonuses, both cards now offer complimentary Platinum Elite status for 2021 as part of the new welcome offer. Both offers are valid through January 13, 2021.
These are great offers on valuable hotel rewards cards. So, let's take a closer look and discover which of these cards deserves a spot in your wallet.
Earn Up To 125K Points and Platinum Elite Status for 2021
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Earn up to $150 in statement credits within your first 6 months of Card Membership for all eligible purchases on your Card on U.S. Advertising in select Media. Plus receive complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status for one year (February 1, 2021-January 31, 2022). Offer ends 1/13/21.
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Terms apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other purchases
Limited-Time Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Earn up to $150 in statement credits within your first 6 months of Card Membership for all eligible purchases on your Card on U.S. Advertising in select Media. Plus receive complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status for one year (February 1, 2021-January 31, 2022). Offer ends 1/13/21.
The 100,000 point bonus on its own is a great offer. Add in a year of Marriott Platinum Elite status and the $150 in statement credits for U.S. advertising in select media, and you can extract mega-value from a card with such a modest annual fee.
- Earn up to 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy points. Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 25,000 bonus points after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 1/13/2021.
- Enjoy complimentary Platinum Elite status with your Card for the 2021 status year. Offer Expires 1/13/2021.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy Hotels. 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $450 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
New Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card applicants can earn up to 125,000 bonus points after meeting the minimum spending requirements. That's a massive increase from the card's standard 75K offer. Plus you'll receive 12 months of Platinum Elite status. Cardmembers typically have to spend $75,000 on the card in a calendar year to earn Platinum Elite status.
Ongoing benefits include an annual free night certificate valued at up to 50,000 points, up to $300 in statement credits each year towards Marriott purchases, and a Priority Pass lounge membership.
Earn 75,000 points with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
Following an unprecedented new cardmember offer that ended in late October 2020, the Marriott Boundless has reverted back to its standard offer. While this is far from the best bonus we've seen, the card still holds excellent long-term value.
- Earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year. Path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
- 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
The Marriott Boundless provides an anniversary free night certificate worth up to 35,000 points and 15 Elite Night Credits each year. That's enough for Silver Elite status.
One of the major strengths of the Marriott portfolio is its vast footprint. No matter where you go, whether for an overnight stay before a flight or a luxurious week in paradise, you're going to find a Marriott hotel nearby. This makes the free night award a particularly good value.
Marriott Transfer Partners
Another thing worth mentioning is the flexibility of Marriott Bonvoy points. Regardless if you frequent Marriott properties, Bonvoy points are some of the most versatile in the reward travel world. You can transfer them to more than 40 partners!
You'll also receive 5,000 bonus miles for every 60,000 points you transfer. That means that even if you (somehow) can't find a way to redeem your Bonvoy points for a stay at any one of their 29 hotel brands, you can use them to top-off one of your frequent-flyer accounts.
Layered on top of issuer application restrictions like the Chase 5/24 policy and Amex's ‘one-bonus-per-lifetime‘ policy, there are Marriott specific rules that can confuse even the most seasoned points-and-miles fans. If you already have another Marriott credit card (or if you received a Marriott welcome bonus in the past 24 months), double-check our post on the Marriott application rules before you apply for one of these cards.
The increased offers on these cards deliver terrific value for Marriott members, with the opportunity to land multiple free nights with any of the three welcome offers.
If you can use a free hotel night and additional card perks, all three cards should easily pay for themselves year-after-year. Whether you're a Marriott fan or simply looking to diversify your points portfolio, now is a great time to get a Bonvoy credit card.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees), and Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.