AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Qatar Airways announced a new promotion giving members a 30% bonus when they earn and convert Accor points to Avios. The promotion is valid for conversions through December 15, 2023.
One thing to note is that this promotion is offered directly by Qatar — not by Accor or any of the other programs.
- Receive a 30% bonus when you transfer Accor ALL points to Qatar Avios.
- The promotion is valid for conversion through December 15, 2023.
- With the promotion, the transfer ratio from Accor to Qatar is 2,000 ALL points to 1,300 Avios.
- The minimum transfer is 2,000 Accor All points.
- Allow up to 45 days for the bonus points to show in your account.
- The bonus points are calculated per transaction.
Is This a Good Deal?
In a nutshell, No! Even with a 30% transfer bonus, you have better ways to convert Accor points to Avios: You can transfer Accor points to Iberia Avios at a ratio of 3,000:3,000 and then transfer Iberia Avios to Qatar Avios at a 1:1 ratio with no fee. That is a much better deal than taking advantage of this 30% transfer bonus.
For instance, if you were to transfer 6,000 Accor Points to Iberia and then onwards to Qatar, you would receive 6,000 Avios. If you opt to use the promotion and skip Iberia by transferring 6,000 Accor points directly to Qatar, you would only get a miserly 3,900 Avios. Therefore, transferring your points this way would result in a 35% loss.
Other Promotion Partners
This Qatar Airways also gives you a 30% bonus when you earn Avios through other partners, including:
- Avis & Budget car rental: Earn a 30% bonus when renting a car. Booking must be done By December 15, 2023, and the offer is valid for rentals through December 31, 2023.
- Rocket Miles: Earn a 30% bonus when you book through Rocket Miles. The offer is valid for stays through December 31, 2023, and booking must be complete by December 15, 2023.
- Rotana: Earn a 30% bonus when you stay at a Rotana property through December 31, 2023. The booking must be completed by December 15, 2023.
- Utu: earn a bonus when converting A VAT refund to Avios through December 31, 2023. With the promotion, the ratio is 6,667 Avios for every $100 of VAT refund converted. This works out at ₵1.49 per Avios.
Despite being very niche, the standout deal here is the VAT refund with utu. A rate of ₵1.49 per Avios is excellent value for Avios, especially when compared to the typical value AwardWallet members have been able to leverage their Avios for including:
- Aer Lingus ₵2.50 per Avios.
- British Airways 3.45¢ per Avios
- Iberia Plus 3.57¢ per Avios
- Qatar Airways X per Avios
This is one of those promotions that leave you scratching your head in wonder. The headline offer from Accor is pretty worthless compared to other non-promotion avenues. However, some of the other offers may be of interest if you want to boost your Qatar Privileges Club Avios balance and your travel plans work with this offer.
Can you make this deal work for you? Let us know in the comments below.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.