AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
First unveiled in 2016 as an auction-style experiences marketplace to redeem Marriott points, Marriott Moments was essentially a clone of the popular SPG Moments platform, allowing members to bid on unique experiences using Marriott points. Fast-forward to 2019 and an integrated Marriott Bonvoy rewards program, and Marriott has significantly expanded it’s Moments platform to include a wide range of tours and activities.
In addition to the original auction site, Marriott’s expanded Moments platform now includes a car rental portal in partnership with Hertz, and a supersized experiences marketplace for custom tours and activities in cities all over the globe which Marriott claims is “the worlds largest selection of tours.”
The Marriott Moments website is divided up into three separate tabs:
- Tours & Activities
- Rental Cars
- Member Exclusives
Need More Bonvoy Points?
If you find yourself short of Bonvoy points to secure one of Marriott’s experience packages, applying for one of the cards from the refreshed lineup of co-brand Marriott Bonvoy credit cards from Chase and Amex is the fastest way of building your points balance. The revamped lineup of cards open to new applications includes:
Marriott Bonvoy Personal Cards
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Pay no annual fee with the Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card from Chase®!
- Earn up to 14X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® with the Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Card.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on other travel purchases (from airfare to taxis and trains).
- 1X point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, qualifying you for Silver Elite Status. Restrictions apply.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Earn unlimited Marriott Bonvoy points and get Free Night Stays faster.
- 3X points for every $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X points on other travel purchases (from airfare to taxis and trains)
- 1X point on all other purchases
- Earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases.
- Earn 3X Bonvoy points per $1 on the first $6,000 spent in combined purchases each year on grocery stores, gas stations, and dining.
- Earn 1 Elite Night Credit towards Elite Status for every $5,000 you spend.
- 1 Free Night Award (valued up to 35,000 points) every year after account anniversary.
- Earn up to 17X total Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy® with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Card.
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year, and path to Gold Status when you spend $35,000 on purchases each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- 6X Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 2X Bonvoy points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 3 months.
- Each Card renewal year, get up to $300 in statement credits for purchases on the Card at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy™. Effective 9/22/22, the $300 Marriott Bonvoy statement credit benefit will no longer be available. It will be replaced with a NEW benefit of up to $300 in statement credits per calendar year (up to $25 per month) for eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass™ Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $450 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6X points on purchases at Marriott Properties
- 3X points at U.S. restaurants, including takeout and delivery
- 3X points on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2X points on all other eligible purchases
Marriott Bonvoy Business Cards
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
Marriott Moments Tours & Activities
The Tours & Activities tab offers a curated list of destination-specific activities put together by denizen travel experts, local celebrities, and resident masters of the culinary arts. Only a portion of Marriott’s travel experiences are redeemable for Rewards points, but members earn 10x Marriott Rewards points on the cost of tours & activities and the transactions code as travel allowing you to use your go-to travel rewards card providing the highest bonus points on travel purchases.
The experiences marketplace allows you to isolate your search by destination, price, activity, and rating, with Marriott also offering themed lists featuring uber-chic names like:
- Young, Fabulous, and Broke
- Pop Culture Vulture
- The Romantic
- The Wolfpack
- Zen Master
- Exhaust Your Kids and Become the Family Hero
- The Ultimate Tourist
The majority of culinary experiences are offered in partnership with Eatwith.com, a company providing authentic foodie experiences in 130+ countries around the world. For most other Marriott Moments, activities are organized and run by local experts in cities all over the globe, and all experiences are bookable online.
Marriott Moments Rental Cars
The Marriott Moments car rental portal is powered by Hertz, providing Marriott Bonvoy members with discounts on rentals of up to 35%, and bonus points on rentals of two or more days. The offer is only available in select countries, and reservations must be made in advance using the codes listed in the T&Cs below.
“Offer valid on rentals of two or more days at participating airport and off airport locations in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Australia and New Zealand. Rentals of 2 to 4 days can earn 2,000 Marriott Rewards points and rentals of 5 days or more can earn 3,000 Marriott Rewards points. Advance reservations required. CDP# 154080, PC# 204476 and Marriott Rewards number must be included in the reservation.”
Marriott Rewards Member Exclusives
The Member Exclusives tab is the original, auction-style marketplace offering one-of-a-kind experiences you can bid on with your Marriott Rewards points. Available experiences are separated into four categories.
Each category features a subset of rewards which include everything from Formula 1 motorsports events to famous Broadway shows and even unique music festival experiences. Marriott members can bid on their desired experience in an eBay style online auction, and pay using Bonvoy points.
Other Experiential Rewards Offered by Loyalty Programs
While it's great to see Marriott expanding on the experiential rewards concept, the introduction of the new Tours & Activities program is also aimed at keeping the competition at bay. In the previous few years, we’ve seen Hyatt introduce experiential rewards, and Hilton has run experiential awards for quite some time. You can even use your Delta SkyMiles for experiential awards with the Delta SkyMiles experiences program. Experiential awards have been gaining popularity; they serve as yet another way to redeem points. Even credit cards can give you access to some memorable experiences with the Chase Sapphire events.
It's great to see Marriott expanding on its redemption options, and the tours available through the Marriott Moments platform can add a personalized touch to exploring a new destination. While the bidding process does have a habit of making experiences quite expensive, it can also lead to less popular experiences being an absolute bargain.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees), and Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.