AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. AwardWallet is an American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and CreditCards.com advertising partner. This content is not provided by any bank advertiser. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. Here's our complete Advertiser Policy.
Marriott Rewards points expire after 24 months without qualifying activity.
What Activities Keep a Marriott Rewards Account Active?
The following activities are considered a qualifying activity and will keep your account active.
- Make a paid (or redemption) stay at any participating hotels worldwide
- Redeem points
- Use your Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card for purchases at least every 24 months
- Earn points with a program partner
- Purchase points
- Hold a qualifying meeting or event, including earning points through the Rewarding Events Program
- Convert points to airline miles or airline miles to points
What Activities Do Not Keep a Marriott Rewards Account Active?
Conversely, these activities are not considered a qualifying activity and will not keep your Marriott Rewards account active:
- Gifting or transferring points
- Receiving points as a gift or transfer
- Earning points through social media programs/promotions, such as #MRPoints
- Registering for a promotion
- Marriott Vacation Club owners staying during their ownership stay, even if earning Elite credit
Fortunately, like other hotel programs, there are many ways to keep a Marriott Rewards account active that requires very little cost, time or effort.
Full details on point expiration can be found at Marriott.com – there is even an FAQ to answer some of the most popular questions about Marriott Rewards points and their expiration. Terms and Conditions of Marriott Rewards point expiration.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.