AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Update: Qatar stopover packages are not available “until further notice”. We will update this post when this promotion resumes.
Qatar Airways has relaunched its stopover promotion for travelers flying Qatar and stopping over in Doha. With the revised promotion, you can secure a themed stopover package from as little as $86 per night.
- Book a stopover package from as little as $86
- Package offer includes transfers to/from the airport.
- To take advantage of the promotion, your stopover in Doha must be for 12 hours or longer
- Each stopover night duration is up to 24-hour stay. A maximum of 4 nights can be booked under this offer depending on the flight journey.
- The promotion is only available when stopping over in Qatar; not if your journey starts or ends in Doha
- The promotion only applies to Qatar E-tickets starting with “157”
- The promotion does not apply to codeshare flights
- Maximum hotel occupancy is 2 adults and one child under 11 years old
Qatar has put together a helpful page with details including sample four- and five-star hotels that participate in the program and examples of the ‘themed' package experiences. The sweet spot for the promotion seems to be splurging by spending the extra $10 USD to book one of the five-star options.
It's also worth noting that you can also get discounted rates for multi-night stays if you plan to stay in Doha for more than one night. However, if you're planning to book an award ticket, any stop longer than 24 hours will likely require more points or miles.
If you fancy Flying Qatar’s groundbreaking Qsuites, then this promotion could be very handy. Since many Doha connections involve long flights on both ends, this can be a great way to rest on solid ground or spend a few hours exploring a new city.
Opting to fly to Asia with Qatar is a great way to sample the Qsuites, especially as Qatar keeps adding them to U.S. destinations, most recently Boston and Philadelphia. Currently, Qatar operates Qsuite-equipped aircraft to eight U.S. cities including Boston, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Washington D.C., Dallas, and Philadelphia. That leaves Miami and Atlanta as the only two U.S. destinations that have a nice, but less spectacular standard business class.
Source: Qatar Airways
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.