AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
In mid-2019, Hyatt and American Airlines launched an exciting partnership that's lauded by elite members of both programs. Now, Hyatt just announced the latest facet of this partnership. Through the end of July 2021, targeted World of Hyatt members can earn 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles for every night stayed at a Hyatt hotel.
Earn 1,000 Bonus AAdvantage Miles Per Night Key Terms
- Registered members can earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles for every qualifying night completed at any Hyatt hotel between April 15, 2021 and July 31, 2021.
- Eligible nights at all Hyatt-partnered brands qualify—including Small Luxury Hotels and Lindblad Expeditions.
- The maximum you can earn is 30,000 bonus AAdvantage miles through the duration of the promotion.
- To earn the bonus miles, members must register by June 30, 2021.
- If you're eligible for this promotion, you most likely received an email from Hyatt. However, all World of Hyatt members can check their eligibility using the open registration page.
- It appears Hyatt may have targeted AAdvantage elite members — and perhaps specifically those who don't have World of Hyatt elite status
- This promotion applies to both paid stays and award stays, provided you book directly with Hyatt.
- Bonus points will post within 4 weeks of each completed stay.
I think it's fair to say if you're targeted for this promotion, you're probably pretty happy about it. (At least, you should be.) While 1,000 AAdvantage miles probably doesn't seem like much, they add up in a hurry if you have a few Hyatt stays coming up. AAdvantage Web Special awards can go for as little as 5,000 miles per way per person. That means you could potentially receive enough miles for an AA award flight in as few as five Hyatt nights.
In terms of monetary value, the value of this promotion totally depends on your personal valuation of AAdvantage miles. For example, I typically value AAdvantage miles around 1.5¢ apiece. So, 1,000 bonus miles is roughly equivalent to a $15 rebate per qualifying Hyatt night. Moreover, if maximized, 30,000 bonus miles would be worth around $450.
This promotion stacks nicely with Hyatt's current Bonus Journeys Promotion, which runs through June 15, 2021 (register by May 15, 2021). As a reminder, that promotion offers members up to 2,500 bonus Hyatt points after every two nights and a free night certificate after ten nights.
If you stack these two promotions, a ten-night stay could deliver up to 12,500 bonus Hyatt points, 10,000 bonus AAdvantage miles, and a category 1–4 free night certificate. And that's in addition to your normal Hyatt point and AAdvantage mile earnings! Now you can see how these bonuses add up in a hurry!
Hyatt and American Airlines just released their latest partner promotion good for stays from April 15 through July 31, 2021. During that timeframe, targeted Hyatt members can earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per night at Hyatt properties worldwide.
Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the lucky ones to be targeted for this fun promotion. However, for those that were, be sure to register before completing your next stay. Your next AAdvantage award flight could be only a few Hyatt nights away.
Were you targeted for this promotion? If so, are you an AAdvantage Elite member? Let us know in the comments.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.