AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Wyndham Rewards has introduced experiential rewards to its lineup of redemption options; the new awards are called Wyndham Auctions. It is the third hotel group in the last few months to add experiential rewards after Hyatt introduced experiential rewards in April, and Marriott announced them earlier this month. The new rewards will operate in two different ways; some rewards will be auctioned off to the highest points bidder, while others will operate as simple sweepstakes.
The sweepstakes are straightforward, and works as follows:
- Entry to the sweepstakes cost 100 points
- You can submit as many entries as you like per day
With the introduction of the sweepstakes, Wyndham has also unveiled its first package, and it is an impressive offer: The Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas VIP Experience which takes place between October 6-8, 2017. The prize includes the following:
- Roundtrip tickets for two to Las Vegas from the nearest airport to winner’s place of residence
- Two nights in a Augustus Strip View Room at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas
- VIP Check-In and Hospitality Host during your stay
- Two VIP tickets to Jennifer Lopez’s “All I Have” show
- Meet & Greet for two people with Jennifer Lopez
- $400 dinner voucher for two at one of the following restaurants:
- Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris
- Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace
- Giada’s at The Cromwell
The auction rewards are also pretty impressive; the auctions will operate as follows:
- Bidding will start at between 3,000 and 10,000 Wyndham Points
- Bidding is increased in 500-point increments
- Members can enter as many different auctions as they like
- Auctions will be 2 to 3 weeks in duration
- Wyndham will upload 25-30 new experiences every month
Wyndham categorizes its Auction Rewards into four different categories:
Wyndham has gotten off to a good start with tickets for Elton John in Las Vegas, to an observer experience at the Wyndham Championship golf tournament available at auction. We expect to see this expand — who knows if it'll end up at the caliber that we see with SPG Moments.
Although Wyndham is not one of our top names in hotel loyalty programs, it nevertheless has 7,800 properties worldwide. Their loyalty program prices all award stays at 15,000 points per night at every one of its properties. If you want to pick up some additional Wyndham points, look to Wyndham Rewards Earner® Plus Card. The card is currently running with a top signup bonus, which is enough for up to multiple nights at any Wyndham property, or you can spend your points on some great Wyndham Auctions.
Source: The Points Guy
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.