AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Wyndham Rewards is currently offering double miles when transferring to United MileagePlus before April 30, 2021. After factoring in the 100% transfer bonus, you can get 1 United MileagePlus mile per 2.5 Wyndham Rewards points transferred — instead of the usual 5:1 transfer ratio.
This isn't the greatest promotion, but some people might want to take advantage if they are in need of United MileagePlus miles this month.
- Transfer bonus available now through April 30, 2021
- This promotion is only available to members of both United MileagePlus and Wyndham Rewards.
- Get 1 United MileagePlus miles for every 2.5 Wyndham Rewards points transferred after the transfer bonus
- You can transfer Wyndham Rewards points to United MileagePlus in the following amounts:
- 6,000 Wyndham Rewards points for 2,400 United MileagePlus miles
- 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for 6,400 United MileagePlus miles
- 30,000 Wyndham Rewards points for 12,000 United MileagePlus miles
- Access this promotion on the Wyndham website
Terms and Conditions
- Once the miles transfer request is initiated, it cannot be reversed.
- Transferred miles do not count toward Premier status.
- Allow 6-8 weeks after transferring the points to post to your United MileagePlus account.
- Wyndham Rewards points can only be transferred to United MileagePlus miles in amounts of 6,000, 16,000, or 30,000, and must be transferred in a single transaction.
Doing the Math on this Promotion
Wyndham Rewards points are typically valued at around 0.9 cents per point. But, when used at Wyndham sweet spots, you can get 2 to 3 cents in value per point. Meanwhile, United MileagePlus miles are typically valued around 1.5 cents per mile. However, AwardWallet users have averaged a whopping 2.66 cents per mile from recent redemptions.
So, whether or not it makes sense to transfer points from Wyndham to United is going to depend on how you use your Wyndham points and United miles.
If you need United miles, remember that you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to United MileagePlus at a 1:1 ratio. And there's currently an excellent 60,000 Ultimate Reward point sign-up bonus on the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
- 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022
- 5X points on travel purchased through Chase
- 3X points on dining at restaurants worldwide
- 3X points on eligible streaming services
- 3X points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart, and wholesale clubs)
- 2X points on all other travel
- 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases
If you know how to use Wyndham points, this isn't the best use of your points. Your Wyndham Rewards points are probably best redeemed for rooms and perks with Wyndham hotels. However, but this promotion could be good if you need to top off your United MileagePlus miles for a redemption — or to clear out unused Wyndham points.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.