AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
When looking to redeem points do you steer towards high-end properties that come with an exorbitant price tag, or properties on the other end of the points spectrum that cost much less in points?
When the previous Hilton credit cards last enjoyed an increased welcome offer, we covered a variety of ways to redeem 100K Honors points, predominantly across the middle and higher-end categories. This time, we’ll focus on the lower end of Hilton’s award chart.
- Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio.
- Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.
- $95 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio
- 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations
- 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
Redeeming points for hotels on the lower end of the award spectrum will not be for punters chasing aspirational redemptions. But, these hotels can offer great value to members who enjoy redeeming points for multiple nights as opposed to just a few nights in luxury redemptions.
Making Sense of Hilton Honors Award Pricing
Hilton recently completed the move to a dynamic pricing structure for its award pricing, eliminating its award chart in the process. Hilton's award pricing is now seasonal and fluctuates depending on demand at the property. There is still value with Hilton Honors if you know where to look, and the dynamic pricing means that exorbitant award rates, when the cash price of a hotel is low, will hopefully become a thing of the past.
Hilton Honors points are easier to earn than the majority of points in similar programs, particularly if you hold one of the four co-brand credit cards from American Express:
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Card
All four cards offer complimentary elite status, ranging from Silver all the way through to Hilton's top-tier Diamond. And don't forget, if you stay at a Hampton Inn, you receive free breakfast and Wi-Fi regardless of your elite status, costs which can add up if you are staying with another chain.
Hilton's new award pricing is, to some extent, revenue-based. And the seasonal pricing reflects the changing cash price of a standard hotel room during different seasons.
5 Hotels to Redeem Hilton Honors Points for Budget Travellers Around the World
The five hotels below don’t offer the best possible cent-per-point value using Honors points, but these are a selection of our favorite destinations that DO offer substantial value, in locations that you might actually visit, rather than out of the way places that just offer a decent monetary return.
Located at the entrance to Universal Studios in Orlando, the DoubleTree offers the perfect way to access this iconic park for a family holiday with your kids. At 20,000 points per night, you could redeem 60,000 Honors points for a long weekend visiting the Florida Theme Parks.
Category 3 Hilton Hotel at $133.88 per night or 20,000 Honors points @ 0.67¢/point
When flying to the far side of the Pacific, the last thing you want is to be arriving at the airport only to have to keep traveling for hours to reach your hotel. We have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport both when arriving in Bali, before moving inland to Ubud the next day, and also for a night before departing Indonesia as somewhere to wind down by the pool before our flight out. At only 5,000 points, it’s one of the best value transit hotels in Bali.
Category 1 Hilton Hotel pricing at $60.65 per night or 5,000 Honors points @ 1.21¢/point
Why would you want to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Springfield? For a road trip down nostalgia lane! The DoubleTree Springfield is one of many fantastic stops for travelers traveling the iconic Route 66.
Category 3 Hilton Hotel priced at $133.99 per night or 20,000 Honors points @ 0.67¢/point
Hanoi is one of my all-time favorite destinations, and the Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi is parked right in the thick of all the action near Hoan Kiem Lake. Surrounded by the classic architecture of the French Quarter and bordered by fantastic shopping and sightseeing, you will be looked after by friendly locals that speak excellent English for an absolute steal at 10,000 Honors points per night.
Category 2 Hilton Hotel for $98.18 per night or 10,000 Honors points @ 0.98¢/point
The Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport makes the list as one of the best transit hotels we have visited. After three days of buses, ferries, taxis, and flights, this hotel was a welcome respite. A great staging hotel to charge electronics, enjoy some local Japanese cuisine, and ready yourself for the sensory overload a trip to Japan always provides.
Category 3 Hilton Hotel at $151.40 per night or 20,000 Honors points @ 0.76¢/point
Hilton Hotels has made a name for itself globally as a luxury hotel chain, and an initial look at the awards chart with its seasonal pricing gives the impression that award stays will be expensive, but there’s a significant portion of the Hilton portfolio that offers great value to budget-conscious travelers.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.