AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
When redeeming Hilton Honors points, do you steer towards high-end properties that come with an exorbitant price tag, or properties at the other end of the award spectrum that cost far fewer points?
Redeeming points for hotels on the lower end of Hilton's award pricing isn't going to provide aspirational redemptions. But, these hotels can offer great value if you aim to stretch your points as far as possible — as opposed to staying just a few nights in luxury.
- 12X Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio
- 6X Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations
- 3X Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
How We Calculate the Value of Hilton Stays
To determine the value of Hilton points across each individual hotel and brand, we analyzed data from AwardWallet's Point and Miles Value tool. We calculated the number of points paid and the cash price on more than 63,000 Hilton Honors free nights, spread across 28,936 award stays.
The cash price of the award nights was collected for the same date as the stay, and the numbers for each property are averaged out across the entire data collection period (March 2019 – January 2022). The results for each property are broken down even further by taking the average number of nights stayed, plus the cash price and the points price across a specific set of dates, and calculating the cent per point value from all the data.
5 Hotels to Redeem Hilton Honors Points for Budget Travellers Around the World
The five hotels below don’t offer the best possible cent-per-point value using Honors points. However, these are a selection of our favorite destinations in locations that you might actually visit that do offer substantial value. We left out the out-of-the-way places that just offer a decent monetary return.
Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
When flying to the far side of the Pacific, the last thing you want is to be arriving at the airport only to have to keep traveling for hours to reach your hotel. We've previously stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport when arriving in Bali before moving inland to Ubud the next day. Then we also crashed there for a night before departing Indonesia to have somewhere to wind down by the pool before our flight out to Australia.
Averaging out to less than 5,000 points per night thanks to Hilton's dynamic pricing, it’s one of the best value transit hotels anywhere in the world.
AwardWallet tracked 259 reservations for a total of 660 nights:
- $54.50 average cash price per night
- 4,791 average points per night
- 1.16 cents per point
Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi
Hanoi is one of our all-time favorite destinations, and the Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi is parked right in the thick of all the action near Hoan Kiem Lake. Surrounded by the classic architecture of the French Quarter and bordered by fantastic shopping and sightseeing, you will be looked after by friendly locals that speak excellent English for an absolute steal at ~10,000 Honors points per night.
AwardWallet tracked 148 reservations for a total of 327 nights:
- $89.22 average cash price per night
- 9,668 average points per night
- 0.93 cents per point
- Earn 80,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $5,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio.
- Earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. Enjoy international travel without additional fees on purchases made abroad.
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status with your Card. Plus, spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year.
- No Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands
- 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations
- 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport
The Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport makes the list as one of the best transit hotels we have visited. After three days of buses, ferries, taxis, and flights, this hotel was a welcome respite. A great staging hotel to charge electronics, enjoy some local Japanese cuisine, and ready yourself for the sensory overload a trip to Japan always provides.
AwardWallet tracked 110 reservations for a total of 121 nights:
- $160.75 average cash price per night
- 20,582 average points per night
- 0.79 cents per point
Tru by Hilton San Antonio Downtown Riverwalk
While there are plenty of mid and lower-tier Hilton's that provide a value above the 0.5¢ per point mark, few are as fun or as quirky as the Tru by Hilton San Antonio Downtown Riverwalk.
The first historic building to be transformed into a Tru by Hilton property, the hotel offers a unique mix of colour, entertainment, and modern comfort. Guests are within walking distance to The Alamo, an 18th-century Spanish mission converted into a museum, and the River Walk dining precinct.
AwardWallet tracked 4 reservations for a total of 12 nights:
- $127.23 average cash price per night
- 22,750 average points per night
- 0.76 cents per point
Home2 Suites by Hilton Las Vegas City Center
Looking for somewhere to stay in Vegas that won't break the bank? The Home2 Suites by Hilton Las Vegas City Center is located just a few minutes drive from downtown Las Vegas and T-Mobile Arena. It provides guests with kitchens and living areas in every suite, free parking, hot breakfast daily, and a shuttle service into the strip.
AwardWallet tracked 36 reservations for a total of 98 nights:
- $207.07 average cash price per night
- 28,511 average points per night
- 0.72 cents per point
Hilton Hotels has made a name for itself globally as a luxury hotel chain. However, there’s a significant portion of the Hilton portfolio that offers great value to budget-conscious travelers. If you want to make your Hilton points go a little further so you can spend more time exploring, check out some of the budget properties in Hilton's portfolio.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: Hilton Honors American Express Card (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.