AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Air Canada launched a promotion giving you a rebate when you use your Aeroplan points to book hotel stays. Depending on the length of your stay, you can receive a points rebate of between 10% and 25%. Booking with the offer must be completed by December 23, 2022, and the deal is valid for stays through April 30, 2023.
- Receive a points rebate when you book and complete a hotel stay on the cxLoyalty for Aeroplan member platform.
- You must register to take part in the promotion.
- The promotion is valid for booking made through December 23, 2022.
- Stay dates with the promotion is through April 30, 2023.
- Receive points rebates as follows:
- 10% on stays of 1-2 nights.
- 15% on stays of 3 nights.
- 25% on stays of 4 nights or more.
- Allow up to 6 weeks for the points to post to your Aeroplan account.
Is This a Worthwhile Deal?
As a general rule, you booking anything other than flights with airline points is poor value. However, Aeroplan addressed this with the launch of its Hotel Savers program, which some sweet spots that offer a better return than using your points to book flights.
On average AwardWallet members have leveraged Aeroplan points for an average redemption value of 1.91¢. With that said, many Aeroplan redemptions aren't nearly as valuable — with long-haul economy redemptions only averaging 1.95 cents per point.
You can determine the value you get from this Aeroplan hotel stay point promotion with simple math. Compare the cash price of your desired stay to the points cost after the rebate. Then you can work out how many cents per point of value you are generating.
If you are getting anywhere over 2 cents per point, then that particular stay is an excellent deal with the offer. However, even less-valuable redemptions can be worth it for those with lots of Aeroplan points.
Boosting Your Aeroplan Points Balance
If you decide to take advantage of the promotion but need to boost your Aeroplan points balance, you have several options. Fortunately, Aeroplan is a transfer partner of most flexible credit card point currencies. Currently, you can transfer any of the following points currencies to Air Canada Aeroplan:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer to Aeroplan at a ratio of 1:1 with a minimum transfer of 1,000 points.
- American Express Membership Rewards transfer to Aeroplan at a ratio of 1:1 with a minimum transfer of 1,000 points.
- Capital One Miles transfer to Aeroplan at a ratio of 1:1 with a minimum transfer of 1,000 points.
- Marriott Bonvoy points transfer to Aeroplan at a ratio of 3:1 with a minimum transfer of 3,000 points.
While this Aeroplan hotel stay point rebate is attractive — especially if you are looking at a more extended stay — getting great value from the promotion does require some work. If you have some solid travel plans during the promotion window and can crunch the number so that the promotion works for you. However, if the numbers don’t stack up, you are best served to let this one pass and keep your points for a flight redemption!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.