AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Earlier this week we evaluated the increased signup bonus from Bank of America on the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card. There were questions if the increased 30k bonus miles was an improvement on the previous 25k offer as the last offer came with a $100 statement credit, effectively wiping out the cards $75 annual fee.
Alaska it turns out, already had us covered. The $100 statement credit is now available on the increased offer of 30,000 bonus miles, and there is no increased spending requirement to earn it.
Recap Of The New Offer
- 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days.
- $100 statement credit after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days
- Annual companion fare from US$121 ($99, plus taxes and fees from $22) after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening. There are no blackout dates.
- Free checked bag for you and up to six additional passengers on the same reservation.
- Up to 5x miles per $1 spent using Mileage Plan Dining.
- 3x miles for every $1 spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, vacation packages, cargo and in-flight purchases.
- 1x mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Retains the $75 annual fee. The fee is not waived for the first year, however, is effectively canceled out by the $100 statement credit
UPDATE: Alaska and BOA have increased the value of the companion pass offered with the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card. For a limited time, new cardholders need to pay just $22 in taxes and fees for the companion pass, saving $99 off the $121 fare typically offered with this card.
How To Get The New Offer
Originally you needed to price up an airfare through the Alaska Airlines website for the $100 statement credit to show, but there is now a direct link to the application.
If the link doesn't work, try the instructions below.
- Begin a standard booking on Alaska Airlines website
- Pick a flight to anywhere
- Fill in the passenger information; you can skip the extras and add-ons
- When the payment page appears, scroll down, and the offer should be included on the right.
There is no need to complete the booking after you click the link, the $100 statement credit is not tied to the reservation in any way.
As stated in the original post, the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card doesn't have the biggest signup bonus, but Alaska MileagePlan miles are some of the most valuable on offer due to Alaska's fantastic partners and the ability to book stopovers and open jaws.
The $100 statement credit is a natural sweetener for this card and makes it that little bit more valuable. An extra $100 is enough to offset the $75 annual fee on the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Credit Card and with change left over.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.