AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended, however, you can check out the Current Chase Quarterly Bonus promo.
Chase has announced its Q4 2017 5% cash back promotion for Chase Freedom® cardholders. This quarter you can earn up to 5% cash back on bonus categories including at department stores and Walmart. 5% cash back earning is limited to $1,500 of qualifying purchases, earning you a maximum of $75 cash back.
- You need to activate your 5% cash back earning by December 14, 2017
- Promo is valid on purchases from October 1 through December 31, 2017
- The 5% earning is valid on the first $1,500 of purchases
- Promo is valid at Walmart and select department stores
How To Activate The 5% Cash Back
Activating your cash back is easy. Head to the activation page, and enter your last name, the last four digits of your card number, and your zip code.
Which Stores Are Eligible For Cash Back
The promo is valid at Walmart and selected department stores. The following Walmart brands qualify for the 5% cash back:
- Walmart Discount Stores
- Walmart Super Centers
- Walmart Neighborhood Markets
- Purchases at www.walmart.com
- Walmart branded gas stations operated by Walmart
Bear in mind that there are some exclusions to the earnings at Walmart. Per the Chase website, “Non-Walmart merchants operating within or on Walmart premises including merchants that sell fast food, beauty services, and gas stations that are not Walmart branded” are excluded from earning he 5% cash back.
The full list of participating department stores is quite extensive including big names like:
- JC Penney
- Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack
- Bergdorf Goodman
- The Big Store
- Cook Brothers
- Neiman Marcus and NM Last Call
- Saks Fifth Ave and Off 5th
Not all big-name department stores are participating in the promotion, and the following are excluded from earning the 5% cash back:
- Discount stores such as TJ Maxx
- Electronics stores
- Variety and general merchandise stores
- Only gift cards purchased at participating stores are included, all other gift cards are excluded.
Earning $75 cash back on $1,500 of spending is a great deal, especially if you consider that the promotion covers the bulk of the holiday season, and the list of participating stores is quite large, so there should be ample opportunity to maximize your earnings. Bear in mind that as usual with the Chase Freedom® you earn 1% cash back on all other spending, including at the participating stores once you have maxed out your 5% earning.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.