AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Yes. If you have no activity on your account for 18 months, Choice Privileges points expire. Per the Choice Privileges website, qualifying activity resets the expiration clock on your points for a further 18 months. The points are lost on the first day of the month at 00:00 PT 18 months after your points have posted. For example, with no subsequent activity, points posted on January 5, 2017, will expire August 1, 2018.
- Earn points or another currency (miles, Amtrak points) for a paid stay at a Choice Hotels property
- Redeem your points for stays, experiential awards, gift cards or virtual shopping and more
- Purchasing points
- Transfer from American Express Membership Rewards
- Receive points as a gift
- Earn points through Choice Privileges Mall
- Refer a friend– only qualifies after they join Choice Privileges and complete an eligible stay
- Earn points for everyday spending with the Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® Card
- Plenty of other options to earn points as well!
The following activities do not count towards resetting your points expiration date:
- Gifting points – only the person receiving the points qualifies for a reset of points expiration
- Registering for a promotion
- Non-point eligible stays
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.