AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Starwood Preferred Guest members had a welcome surprise arrive in their inbox this week in the form of a targeted offer of free nights or bonus Starpoints. The Select Member Exclusive differs from traditionally targeted promotions in that you first need to enter your SPG number on the landing page to see if you qualify before registering.
At first glance, the campaign appears to be aiming at new or inactive members and those without many registered stays this year. This thread on FlyerTalk details some of the perks offered to members with a few disappointed comments from loyalty customers that didn't qualify for the freebies.
These are the deals we've seen so far:
- 1 x free night for each stay up to max 2 x free nights
- 1 x free night for every second stay up to max 2 x free nights
- 1 x free night after 2nd, 3rd and 4th stays for max 3 x free nights
- 2000 points after 2nd, 4th and 6th stays for max 6000 points
- 2000/5000 after 1st and 2nd stay for max 7500 points
- 2000/2500/3000 points after 2nd, 3rd and 4th stay for max 7500 points
- 3000 points after 3rd, 6th and 9th stays for max 9000 points
- 4000 points after 4th, 8th and 12th stays for max 12000 points
- 6000 points after 6th, 12th and 18th stays for max 18000 points
The best value is the two free nights (in category 1-5 hotel) from two stays received by some recently signed SPG members, particularly if you can get to a cheaper Starwood property for your paid stays. Just make sure you book for two individual stays (one night each) during the promotion as two consecutive nights still only counts as one stay.
From the points side, if you were lucky enough to score the 2500/5000 points offer over two stays you're in good shape. The 18000 points over 18 stays, however, is a lot of visits and is honestly not that achievable for the casual loyalty member.
The offer is open from April 1 through to June 30, free nights and cash + points stays will not qualify for the bonus, only stays paid in full.
To tap into this one, head to this page and enter your SPG number to determine your eligibility.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.