AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Alaska Airlines is running a promotion that will let you pick up 3,000 bonus miles. This promo is timed nicely with their “Back to School” Promotion that lets you earn 1,000 bonus miles for shopping. The promotion, which runs through September 30, 2017, involves three activities and allows you to earn 1,000 points for each one you complete.
Promotion Key Terms and Conditions
- You need to register for the promotion
- Registration must be completed before the first qualifying activity
- Promo is valid through September 30, 2017
You will earn a bonus for taking part in each of the following activities:
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles for shopping with Alaska’s shopping portal
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles for dining out with Alaska’s Dining program
- Earn at least 400 bonus miles for sharing your thoughts with the opinion terminal
With so many promotions running at the same time there is some great value to be had with Alaska. You can rack up the following miles very quickly:
- 5,000 bonus miles for joining Mileage Plan and taking a qualifying flight
- 3,000 bonus miles for completing the “Dash for miles” promo
- 1,000 bonus miles for completing the Back to School promo
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles when you join the Alaska dinning program, after spending $30 and completing a review.
10,000 miles is excellent value on top of all the other regular miles you will earn for the spending. When you consider that Alaska Airlines award flights start at 5,000 miles one way for flights under 700 miles in the contiguous US, you’ll have earned 2 one-way flights for minimal investment.
While none of the deals are amazing within themselves, apart from the 5,000-mile bonus for joining, when you combine the different deals there is some excellent value to be had–especially when you consider that the requirement for earning the miles does not involve the need to fly a lot with Alaska. Just one flight and some targeted spending would be enough.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.