AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Update 5/18/2020: British Airways and Airbnb have eliminated the 8,000 Avios bonus for becoming an Airbnb host
You can now earn 3X Avios per dollar spent when you book Airbnb stays through British Airways. Rather than a limited-time promotion, this seems to be a new partnership between BA and Airbnb. In addition to earning 3X Avios per dollar, new Airbnb customers will pick up a 500-Avios bonus when making their first booking,
and new Airbnb hosts will earn an extra 8,000 Avios.
- Earn 3X Avios per dollar spent on Airbnb bookings.
- The earning value is calculated in USD regardless of the currency of the transaction.
- New Airbnb customers will receive a 500-Avios bonus on their first booking.
First-time Airbnb hosts can receive an 8,000-Avios bonus via the portal.
Making a Booking
Making a booking that is eligible to earn Avios is easy:
- Make sure cookies are enabled on your browser.
- Head over to the Airbnb affiliate page and enter your BA Executive Club number.
- You will then be taken to the Airbnb site where you can search for accommodation and make your booking.
This relationship is a great bonus if you are a regular Airbnb user and want to boost your Avios balance. What is even better about this partnership is that it does not exclude you from earning a credit-card spending-category bonus when you pay for your booking. So, if you use the Chase Sapphire Reserve® card to make a booking, you will still earn 3X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent (on travel) in addition to the 3X Avios for booking through the British Airways shopping portal. If you are into Avios, this deal is a win-win!
Source: One Mile At A Time
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.