AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
As we start planning to travel again, we wanted to revisit one of the great ways to double-dip on travel purchases. British Airways Executive Club members can earn Avios on all Airbnb purchases.
You can earn 2 Avios per £1 / $1 / €1 spent. If it's your first time booking, then you will receive a bonus of 6 Avios per £1 / $1 / €1 spent. Plus, you can earn 3 Avios per £1 spent on Airbnb Experiences.
- First stay: earn 6 Avios per £1 / $1 / €1 spent
- Future stays: earn 2 Avios per £1 / $1 / €1 spent
- Airbnb Experiences: earn 3 Avios per £1 spent
- Bookings must be made through the dedicated British Airways Airbnb page
- You need to enter your Executive Club number when making a booking
- You must have cookies enabled, and the booking needs to be completed in one session
- Allow up to 60 days for the earned Avios to post to your British Airways account
If you're a regular Airbnb user, then this link-up can be very lucrative. However, one thing to keep in mind is that you get one shot at picking up a 6 Avios per £/$/€1 bonus. So, you may want to wait until when you have a booking with a substantial spend to maximize your bonus.
How to earn Avios on an Airbnb booking
Making a booking that is eligible to earn Avios is easy:
- Make sure cookies are enabled on your browser.
- Head over to the Airbnb affiliate page and enter your BA Executive Club number.
- You will then be taken to the Airbnb site where you can search for accommodation and make your booking.
Avios Transfer Partners
In addition to earning Avios from Airbnb stays, you can top off your British Airways Executive Club account by transferring points from bank programs. Members can transfer American Express Membership Rewards and/or Chase Ultimate Rewards to British Airways Avios at a ratio of 1:1 and typically occur instantaneously.
Or, you can transfer Capital One Venture Miles to British Airways at a 4:3 transfer ratio — which will be temporarily improved to 1:1 in August 2021.
You can also transfer Marriott points to British Airways Avios at a ratio of 3:1. However, if you transfer 60,000 points, you will receive an additional 5,000 Avios bonus. So transferring 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points would yield 25,000 Avios.
This relationship is a great bonus for Airbnb users that want to boost their Avios balance in between flights. In addition to earning bonus Avios from this promotion, you can also earn a credit card spending category bonus when you pay for your booking.
So, if you use the Sapphire Reserve card to make a booking, you will still earn 3X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent. That's in addition to the 2X Avios for booking that you can earn through the British Airways partnership. If you are into Avios, you can transfer those Ultimate Rewards to Avios to effectively earn 5X Avios on Airbnb stays. That's a great deal for those that know how to maximize British Airways Avios.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.