AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Marriott has announced its MegaBonus promotion for Q1 2018. With this promo you can earn up to 3,000 points per stay at Marriott properties around the world, starting with your second stay. The promotion is valid for stays between January 16, and April 15, 2018.
- register for Marriott Rewards MegaBonus Q1 2018 by March 31, 2018
- Promotion is valid for stays between January 16 and April 15, 2018
- Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay starting with your second stay
- Earn 1,000 additional bonus points when your stay includes a Friday or Saturday night – except in the Middle East and Egypt where you stay must include a Thursday or Friday night
- Earning with the promotion is capped at 50,000 points
Maximizing Your Marriott Points
Keep in mind that SPG is also running its own Great Weeks, Grand Weekends promo during the same time frame, which offers double points and a 500 bonus for weekend stays. Since you can move points from SPG to Marriott at a ratio of 1:3 you will have some calculations to make. Work out how many points you will earn staying with SPG and how many you would earn staying with Marriott. Once you have made the calculation, multiply the SPG points by 3 and if it is greater than the points from a Marriott stay then choose SPG, if it is less, stay with Marriott.
While this promotion is good, it is not spectacular unless you are a Marriott devotee. As illustrated above you might be better off staying with SPG and then transferring your points over to Marriott.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.