AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Update: The waitlist closed on November 8, 2021. However, you must apply for the Aeroplan credit card by February 15, 2022 to get the bonus from the waitlist promotion.
Chase and Air Canada first announced a new Aeroplan credit card in December 2020. In August 2021, Air Canada opened a waitlist for this credit card with an offer of bonus points. Now, Air Canada is sweetening the offer just before the waitlist closes on November 8, 2021.
Specifics on the card still haven't been released, but here is what we know about this waitlist promotion and how to enroll if interested.
Chase Aeroplan Credit Card Backstory
For those who haven't followed the news, Chase and Air Canada's Aeroplan announced a partnership in December 2020. In that announcement, they announced two things: points transfers and a new co-branded credit card.
The first of these is live already. You can now transfer your Ultimate Rewards points to Aeroplan at a 1:1 ratio. However, news on the Aeroplan credit card has been lacking.
New Aeroplan Credit Card Promotion
While we still don't know a ton about the credit card (such as annual fee, welcome offer, earning structure, perks, etc.), people are excited. Chase now says the card should launch in December 2021. There's even a waitlist for the card. Now there's also a promotion for those who join the waitlist.
Here are the key terms:
- Join the waitlist here (U.S. residents only) before November 8, 2021.
- Get notifications about the card launch after joining the waitlist.
- Receive 10,000 bonus Aeroplan points for joining the waitlist.
- You'll also receive 10 eUpgrade credits.
- Perks are in addition to the welcome offer at card launch.
- You must apply for the new Aeroplan credit card from Chase by February 15, 2022, using a link in an email sent to you.
- Only those who apply for the credit card and are approved will receive the bonus from the waitlist promotion.
- Bonus points should post within 8 weeks of credit card approval.
- eUpgrade credits should post within 16 weeks of credit card approval and will be valid for one year from issuance.
The waitlist promotion requires that you apply for the credit card through a link in a targeted email and then get approved for the credit card. Otherwise, you will not receive the bonus points or eUpgrade credits. It's also likely this card will be subject to the Chase 5/24 rule, which may exclude many people.
However, joining the waitlist is free and gives you the chance to find out more later. Things may change between now and February 15, 2022 (the application deadline). There's no harm, no foul to join the waitlist by November 8, 2021 — just in case.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.