AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Without the typical publicity surrounding credit card launches, Amex has quietly released one of the most exciting rewards cards of the year, The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express.
A no annual fee business credit card which earns 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners, making it the new go-to credit card for non-bonus spending! (Terms Apply - Rates & Fees)
- Get rewarded for business as usual. Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners.
- 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- Enjoy the flexibility to put more purchases on the Card and earn rewards when you buy above your credit limit*.
- You've got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- More buying power for your business means more opportunities to earn points. That's everyday business with the Blue Business Plus Card.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, 15.24%, 18.24% or 21.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- Terms Apply
- Rates & Fees
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners. 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
Unlike the Blue for Business Credit Card it replaces, the Blue Business Plus earns full Membership Rewards points like those earned on the Gold and Platinum business cards, which you can transfer to Amex’s stellar list of transfer partners for big value travel.
Earn 2x Membership Rewards Points on All Purchases up to $50K
The highlight of the Blue Business Plus is earning 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners, and 1 point per dollar after that.
With no category bonuses or monthly/quarterly rotating categories to keep on top of and no annual fee, the Blue Business Plus is the only no annual fee business card offering 2x points on all purchases and an essential new card to add to your wallet.
You can take advantage of the big savings provided by the Amex Offers program when you hold the Blue Business Plus, and in addition to earning 2x Membership Rewards points on everyday spending, you’ll also have access to Amex's Do More Business program which provides up to 25% cash back at vendors including Staples, FedEx, and Dell.
The card earns full Membership Rewards points which you can transfer to travel partners which include Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Aeroplan, Air France/KLM Flying Blue, Delta SkyMiles, Aeromexico Club Premier, and one of our all-time favorites, ANA Mileage Club.
We count Membership Rewards as one of the best flexible rewards currencies available, and the Blue Business Plus is a fantastic entry-level card without the annual fees typically associated with business credit cards.
The Perfect Rewards Card for Small Business and Sole Proprietors
As Howie points out in his post detailing how (almost) anyone can get a business credit card, you don’t need to operate a large business such as a retail store or restaurant to qualify for a business credit card, and Amex made it clear in its press release this card is aimed fair and square at small businesses and sole proprietors.
That could be something as simple as a hobby selling items on eBay, a side project renting an apartment on Airbnb, working part-time as a trainer, educator, consultant, or even teaching piano to kids in your spare time. You could earn 2x points on everyday expenses like the cleaning costs between Airbnb guests or new instruments if you’re a music teacher, expenses which don’t currently fall under a category bonus.
The Blue Business Plus is also perfect for rewards fans trying to keep their new application count under the dreaded 5/24, with business card applications not counted towards your personal application count.
You’ll earn 2x points on any business expense including items like training and education, paying your taxes, or cleaners for your (home..) office, a first for no annual fee rewards cards and a must-have for any small business operator.
You get access to the Amex Do More Business program, Amex Offers, and better yet, the card doesn’t count towards your 5/24 count. If you have any questions about The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, please reach out in the comments section below, and we’ll do our best to find the answer.
For rates and fees of the cards mentioned in this post, please visit the following links: The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express (Rates & Fees)
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.