AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
In mid-2019, Hyatt and American Airlines launched an exciting partnership that's lauded by elite members of both programs. Now, Hyatt and AA are offering a new bonus earning promotion. Through the end of January 2022, targeted World of Hyatt members can earn 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles for every stay at eligible Hyatt hotels.
Earn 1,000 Bonus AAdvantage Miles Per Stay Key Terms
- Registered members can earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles for every qualifying stay completed in select cities:
- Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York City, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
- Stays at Small Luxury Hotels do not qualify.
- There is no maximum limit to how many bonus AAdvantage miles you can earn.
- To earn the bonus miles, members must register by December 15, 2021.
- Eligible stays are between November 1, 2021 and January 31, 2022.
- If you're eligible for this promotion, you most likely received an email from Hyatt. However, all World of Hyatt members can check their eligibility using the open registration page.
- It appears Hyatt may have targeted AAdvantage elite members — and perhaps specifically those who don't have World of Hyatt elite status.
- This promotion applies to both paid stays and award stays, provided you book directly with Hyatt.
- Bonus points will post within 4 weeks of each completed stay.
- You must provide your Hyatt and AAdvantage loyalty numbers during registration.
- If you book more than one room during a stay, only the room you occupy will qualify for the credit.
While 1,000 AAdvantage miles probably doesn't seem like much, it can add up in a hurry if you have a few Hyatt stays coming up. AAdvantage Web Special awards can go for as little as 5,000 miles per way per person. That means you could potentially receive enough miles for an AA award flight from the bonus miles earned from five stays at a Hyatt.
In terms of monetary value, the value of this promotion depends on your valuation of AAdvantage miles. For example, I personally value AAdvantage miles around 1.5¢ apiece. So, 1,000 bonus miles is roughly equivalent to a $15 rebate per qualifying Hyatt stay. If you have 10 stays during the promotion period, you could earn up to $150 in value from this Hyatt promotion for AA miles.
Remember that you typically can stack hotel promotions. For instance, Hyatt has a promotion for 500 bonus points when staying at select new hotels. Keep your eye on our master list of hotel promotions to see other opportunities for stacking deals during the promotion period.
Hyatt and American Airlines released a new partner promotion to earn bonus AA miles on each stay. Register by December 15, and eligible stays are from November 1, 2021 through January 31, 2022. Targeted members can earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles for each stay during that period, subject to the terms above.
Were you targeted for this Hyatt and AA promotion? If so, what status do you have in each program? Let us know in the comments.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.