AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Capital One has announced a 20% transfer bonus to Air France/KLM Flying Blue. The promotion is valid for transfers through November 30, 2019. Typically, Capital One miles transfer to Flying Blue at a ratio of 1,000:750, with a minimum transfer of 1,000 miles. This is the second time we have seen Capital One offer a transfer bonus to Flying Blue, the previous offer being a 20% bonus in June 2019.
- The promotion is valid on transfers through November 30, 2019, 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Receive a 20% bonus when you transfer points to Air France/KLM Flying Blue miles.
- Points transfer at a ratio of 1,000:900.
- Transfers typically occur instantaneously.
Using Flying Blue Miles
Air France/KLM Flying Blue has some great sweet spots, especially if you are looking for international destinations. Good value can be had on awards, including:
- Awards between the U.S. and Mexico from 14,500 miles.
- Awards between the U.S. and North Africa from 21,500 in economy one way, and 53,000 in business class one way.
One of the best uses of Flying Blue miles is the monthly Promo Rewards promotion, which offers discounted awards across the globe. Highlights of the awards in November 2019 include:
- 50% discount on awards on routes between Chicago and Europe in business class.
- 50% discount on awards on routes between Vancouver and Europe in premium economy.
- 25% discount on awards on routes between Houston and Europe in premium economy.
If you can take advantage of the 25-50% discount with the Promo Rewards offer, an extra 20% bonus on transfers from Capital One could be quite lucrative.
Since the launch of its airline transfer partner program, Capital One has offered about a half dozen transfer bonuses. Like all points-transfer promotions, it is never worth moving points speculatively since you loose flexibility. However, if the promotion works with your travel plans, there is some excellent value to be found.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.