AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Hot on the heels of SPG’s Paradise is Closer promotion, Starwood has unveiled it’s latest mid-year sale, creatively titled, the Semi-Annual Sale. The sale is for bookings made between September 13 and 25, 2016, for stays completed between September 29, 2016, and April 30, 2017, and is offering up to 50% off select hotels.
While the sale page states you can ‘save 20% or more,’ a quick search revealed savings of up to 50% off on Starwood properties in Thailand. Closer to home, discounts appear to be capped at 20% from the brief searches we tried, but as there is no list of participating properties and the applicable savings, a quick search of your planned destination will show you the exact discount.
SPG members save an additional 5% and also receive free high-speed internet access for the duration of their stay.
Catch the main details for the sale below, a full list of T&C’s can be accessed on the SPG promotion page.
- Save up to 20% or more at select Starwood properties
- Offer is valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.
- Offer is valid for stays booked between September 13, 2016, and September 25, 2016, and completed between September 29, 2016, and April 30, 2017.
- Book online, call your travel professional, or call 1-877-782-0150 and mention the Semi-Annual Sale.
- An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur.
- Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
- A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
Maximize Starwood’s Limited Time Sale
If you hold the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, you’ll earn 6x points per dollar spent on eligible purchases at Starwood Hotels. Additionally, if you hold SPG elite status you’ll receive:
- Gold Preferred Guest – 3 Starpoints per US dollar spent
- Platinum Preferred Guest – 3 Starpoints per US dollar spent
- Platinum 75 and 100 – 4 Starpoints per US dollar spent
A lot is happening over at Starwood right now with the fall More for you promotion now open for registration, and the Paradise is closer sale for SPG members running through February 2017. Add in the Semi-Annual Sale which is open to everyone (no need to register or be an SPG member) and Starwood has most bases covered leading into winter. Remember this is a limited time offer for bookings made between September 13 and 25, 2016.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.