AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
World of Hyatt is making some significant changes to how it rewards customers for their loyalty. In a recent announcement, the program introduced Milestone Rewards. Starting March 1, 2019, members will earn benefits like Club Lounge access, free nights, upgrades and bonus points as they achieve loyalty milestones.
New Milestone Rewards
Hyatt’s Milestone Rewards start at 20 nights or 35,000 Base Points and can be earned every ten nights after that:
- 20 nights or 35,000 Base Points — receive 2 Club Lounge awards
- 30 nights or 50,000 Base Points — receive a free night (Category 1-4) + 2 Club Lounge awards
- 40 nights or 65,000 Base Points — receive either 5,000 Bonus Points, a Hyatt Gift Card, or a 10,000-point discount on a FIND experience
- 50 nights or 80,000 Base Points — receive 2 suite upgrades
- 60 nights or 100,000 Base Points — receive a Free night (Category 1-7) + 2 suite upgrades + My Hyatt Concierge agent
After reaching Globalist status at 60 nights:
- 70 nights — receive 10,000 Bonus Points or a suite upgrade
- 80 nights — receive 10,000 Bonus Points or a suite upgrade
- 90 nights — receive 10,000 Bonus Points or a suite upgrade
- 100 nights — receive 10,000 Bonus Points or a suite upgrade
Those familiar with the current program will recognize that many of the incentives being offered aren't completely new. Instead, Hyatt is breaking up the benefits into smaller chunks and increasing the number of milestones that trigger a reward.
For example, those who qualify for Globalist status will still get four suite-upgrade awards, but instead of getting all four after achieving 60 nights, you’ll get two at the 50-night threshold. That said, there are some exciting new benefits, like the choice between a $100 Hyatt Gift Card, 5,000 bonus points, or a 10,000-point discount on a FIND Experience.
Like many program updates, there are some negative announcements mixed in with the good news. At the moment, Hyatt requires 60 nights to qualify for top-tier Globalist status. But current Globalist members get a reduced requirement of 55 nights to requalify for the next year.
Beginning in 2020:
- World of Hyatt members will need to stay 60 nights to requalify for Hyatt Globalist
- Legacy Hyatt Credit cardholders will no longer be given Club Lounge access when they hit Explorist status after spending $50,000.
One major implication of the new Milestone Rewards is that holding The World Of Hyatt Credit Card becomes more valuable. (You can learn more about the card's benefits in our full review.) Those who have the card automatically earn five elite-qualifying nights which will count towards reaching the next milestone. For high spenders, the card offers the opportunity to earn 2 additional elite-qualifying-night credits for every $5,000 you spend.
If you find yourself one or two nights short of reaching the next reward, you can avoid the trouble of planning an extra stay by pushing your World of Hyatt Card spend past the next $5,000 increment.
The biggest negative change is the increased requirement to requalify for top-tier status; but overall, this a positive change that should result in many people earning more benefits than under the previous structure.
Source: World Of Hyatt
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.