AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Norwegian just keeps getting better and better, after launching some of the cheapest ever transatlantic fares, the company has just upped the ante with the introduction of a family pooling account for miles — JetBlue does something similar.
While the company already has a frequent flyer program called Norwegian Reward, it is introducing a new standalone program aimed mainly at families. The new program, called Reward Family, will allow family members to pool their miles into one account, meaning you can get that award fare much more quickly.
Key Aspects of the Program
- Family program is separate to the individual program
- You can have up to 7 people in the family program
- Existing Norwegian accounts can transfer their points into a new family account
- The Head of the family account can nominate who has the ability to redeem the pooled miles
- You are not strictly restricted to family members but friends can be added to the account to.
- Norwegian elite status reward points are not pooled but stay with each member
It is a good move by Norwegian to let families pool their accounts, whilst they are not the only airline to allow pooling, it really helps to pool points when the earning rates are so low. Hopefully, more airlines will take heed from this and start to introduce family points pooling.
Source: The Points Guy
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.