AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for The American Express Corporate Platinum Card® are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
All information about The American Express Corporate Platinum Card® has been collected independently by AwardWallet
This promotion has ended; please review current/active promotions.
Back again from the last two years, Hertz members can share their Gold Plus elite status with others via a promotion running until December 31, 2022. Hertz status can offer a range of perks, and now you can share these with one other person. Here's what you need to know to take advantage of the offer — if you're a fan of Hertz.
How to share Hertz Gold Plus Elite Status with Others
- Go to https://pub.emails.hertz.com/GiftStatus2022. If the link isn't working (as it doesn't for me), check your emails to see if you received this promotion directly.
- Fill in the information for yourself and your friend.
- When you click submit, you will get a confirmation page that your status will be shared shortly.
- The status will be available for your recipient until December 31, 2023.
- Offer only available for Hertz members with Five Star or President's Circle status. Not available to those with Gold status.
- Members can share their same status level with one other person.
- You must give your status before December 31, 2022.
- The shared status will end on December 31, 2023, then that person must achieve status independently.
- Completion of the whole process can take up to 3 business days.
What does Hertz Status Get You?
Hertz has three tiers to its Gold Plus membership program, and members at the lowest tier cannot share their status during this promotion. Here's a refresher on the various status levels and their benefits with Hertz.
You automatically get Gold status when you sign up. Gold status gives you:
- Earn 1 point per $1
- Free additional driver
- Skip the counter at pick up and return
- A basic selection of cars
- No blackout rewards
- Earnings with other brands
- Using your points for returns, online auctions, and rewards — including Dream Car® rentals
Five Star Status
After 12 rentals or $2,400 in spending, you will move up to Five Star elite status, which comes with the following benefits (in addition to Gold status benefits):
- Upgrades as available
- 25% bonus points
- A wider selection of cars
- Option to transfer points to select travel partners
President's Circle Status
After 20 rentals or $4,000 in qualifying spending, you will move up to President's Circle status which comes with the following benefits (in addition to Five Star status benefits):
- Guaranteed upgrades (still dependent on availability)
- 50% bonus points
- Widest selection of cars
- A dedicated call center line
How to Get Hertz Gold Plus Status–or Higher
Some airline and hotel rewards programs grant elite members Hertz Five Star or President's Circle status.
IHG One Rewards
Top-tier IHG Diamond Elite members can enroll to receive Hertz Five Star elite status.
Delta SkyMiles Gold Medallion and higher elite members are eligible for Hertz Gold Plus elite status via status match at the following levels:
- Five Star: Gold Medallion
- President's Circle: Platinum Medallion or Diamond Medallion
Have the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
Cardholders of the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card card get Hertz President's Circle status as an ongoing benefit of the card. This would enable you to share your Hertz status with others during the promotion. Not only that, but since you can add four (4) free, authorized users to the Capital One Venture X, they could get this same status and then also share that status through the promotion.
American Express Platinum Cards
Currently, cardmembers of The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, and The American Express Corporate Platinum Card® can enroll to upgrade directly to Hertz President's Circle status.
Status Match Opportunities
We have an entire article dedicated to this: you can get free rental car elite status with numerous programs via status match. The gist is this: if you can manage to get status with one program–via a credit card that you have, an airline status, a promotion, etc.–then you can match that to status with other programs. Theoretically, you could match into the Hertz Gold Plus program and then share your status with someone else during this promotion.
I'm well aware that Hertz doesn't have the best reputation by now, and some members are steering clear of them.
On the other hand, Hertz completes around 25 million car rentals each year, which means plenty of people could still benefit from elite status. I'm on the side of looking at rational statistics. Compared to how many people rent from Hertz each year, the number of people who have run into difficulties seems to be the vast minority.
I'm not the biggest fan of how expensive the rental cars have gotten or how small the selection can be. But my experiences with Hertz have been fine — including a great week in Argentina recently with a Hertz rental that went off without a hitch.
If you've already attained Five Star or President's Circle elite status with Hertz, then this is a great way to share the benefits with a friend or a family member. There's nothing to lose in sharing your elite status with a friend — if you can get the link to work or find the email.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.