AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for The United MileagePlus Presidential Plus℠ Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
This holiday season, Hertz is feeling especially generous. All Hertz Gold Plus Five Star and President's Circle elite members can share their elite status level with a friend or family member. Here's how to share your status, some benefits of Hertz Gold Plus elite status, and some ways you might be eligible for Hertz elite status without knowing it.
How to share Hertz Gold Plus elite status with a friend
- First, sign in to your Hertz account.
- Go to https://pub.emails.hertz.com/GiftStatus2021
- Fill in the information for yourself and your friend.
- When you click submit, you will get a confirmation page that your status will be shared shortly.
- The status will be available for your friend from January 31, 2021, to January 31, 2022.
What does Hertz Gold Plus elite status get you?
Hertz has three tiers to their membership program.
You automatically get Gold status when you sign up. Gold status gives you:
- Earn 1 point per $1
- Free additional driver
- Skip the counter and check out and return
- A basic selection of cars
- 1 month free trial of CLEAR
- No blackout rewards
- Earnings with other brands
- Using your points for returns, online auctions, and rewards — including Dream Car® rentals
Five Star Status
After 12 rentals or $2,400 in spending, you will move up to Five Star elite status which comes with the following benefits (in addition to Gold status benefits):
- Upgrades as available
- 25% bonus points
- A wider selection of cars
- 2 months free trial of CLEAR
- Option to transfer points to select travel partners
President's Circle Status
After 20 rentals or $4,000 in qualifying spending, you will move up to President's Circle status which comes with the following benefits (in addition to Five Star status benefits):
- Guaranteed upgrades
- 50% bonus points
- Widest selection of cars
- 4 months free trial of CLEAR
- A dedicated call center line
How you may be eligible for Hertz Gold Plus status
Some airline and hotel rewards programs grant elite members Hertz Five Star or President's Circle status.
United MileagePlus Elites
All United MileagePlus Premier elite members are eligible to claim Hertz elite status:
Primary cardmembers of the following cards can claim Hertz elite status:
Top-tier IHG Spire Elite members can enroll to receive Hertz Five Star elite status.
Delta SkyMiles Gold Medallion and higher elite members are eligible for Hertz Gold Plus elite status
- Five Star: Gold Medallion
- President's Circle: Platinum Medallion or Diamond Medallion
If you've already attained Hertz Gold Plus Five Star or President's Circle status, this is a great way to share the benefits to one of your friends. Considering Hertz has been fighting bankruptcy most of 2020, this might also be the last chance you have of taking advantage of their elite status benefits. Either way, there's nothing to lose in sharing your elite status with a friend.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.