AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
The Award Travel 101 podcast is back with more member questions, enhanced offers, and Award Travel 101 group moderator, Jackie Wisniewski. If you want us to air your question, send us an email or reach out to us in the Award Travel 101 Facebook Community.
Award Travel 101 Podcast Show Format
We break each show into six sections:
- Question of the Week — asked by members of the community
- News & Enhanced Offers
- What Bonuses Did We Get — which will tell you what credit cards we're working on and why
- Trip Updates
- Highlight Feature
- What You Didn't Know — a feature dedicated to a big or small tip that will help you better maximize the value you receive from your rewards.
How to Listen to the Award Travel 101 Podcast
Episode 008 — Hyatt Changes, AA Domestic First Class Routes, and Meet the Mods (Jackie Wisniewski)
You can find us anywhere you listen to other fine podcasts including:
- 001 — Meet Award Travel 101 Community Administrators Angie & Joe
- 002 — Booking a Dream (African Safari) Trip
- 003 — Creating Memories Through Big AND Small Trips
- 004 — 8 Steps to Better Award Travel
- 005 — Cruise (on Points), Racking and Stacking, and Keep or Kick it to the Curb
- 006 — Transfer Bonuses, Hyatt Bonus Journeys, and Benefits of AwardWallet
- 007 — So Many Program Changes with AwardWallet’s JT Genter
Award Travel 101 Podcast Episode 8 Show Notes
Question of the Week (from the community)
Need to purchase a lot of AirBNB gift cards for upcoming trip asap. I'm new to the ‘stacking' concept. Any tips/tricks to maximize miles/points? I have AA, UA, Citi, CSP, Cap1 Amex cards. TIA!
[Translation for newer listeners: American Airlines, United, Citi, Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Capital One, and American Express cards.]
News & Enhanced Offers
- AwardWallet's guide to the best way to fly lie-flat American Airlines first class — one of my favorite posts
- March 1 is reset day for American Airlines & all World of Hyatt members who didn't hit their targets in 2022 lost status. Here's how to get AAdvantage status back!
- Hyatt property category changes at 372 properties — 214 going up and 158 going down. U.S. destinations and all-inclusive properties were hit hard. Seven hotels are increasing to top-tier category 8 and 32 Category 1 properties are increasing to Category 2. But, it's not all bad. 13 Category 2 hotels are dropping to Category 1. And 18 hotels will soon be bookable with category 1-4 free night certificates, including four in the U.S. (vs. seven lost)
What Bonuses Did We Get?
- United℠ Business Card — I've been burning through these miles quite a bit lately
- Two American Airlines (Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® & AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard®) consumer cards arrived a few weeks ago. Finished spending via Plastiq to earn 141K for $584 (cost: 0.41 cents per mile). Does that number sound familiar?
- Jackie working on CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® & IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card 175,00-point bonus (offer has since ended).
Figuring out how to get home from Andaz Mayakoba. JetBlue has flights from Cancun (CUN) to Orlando (MCO) for 10-12K per person, which I'll transfer from Amex Membership Rewards. Considering flying into Orlando (MCO) for 2 days. Booked Presidential Suite with points at Hyatt Regency Orlando using a little-known trick in the World of Hyatt program. Will fly home from Orlando for 50k Southwest Rapid Rewards points.
Highlight Feature: Meet the Award Travel 101 Mod Jackie Wisniewski
- How’d you get introduced to travel rewards/loyalty programs
- How’d we meet
- Some of your highlights
- Favorite programs
- Favorite Booking
- What trips do you have booked now, and what are you most looking forward to?
What You Didn't Know: Jackie’s Last-Minute Tip
Build your network to get questions answered and tips. It's not about knowing everything, but knowing where to go to find the answer.
Where To Find Us
For questions, you can join us in the free 91,000+ member Award Travel 101 Community. If you want to dig into some of the less discussed strategies, our Award Travel 201 community is filled with those who want to dig into the weeds a little more. To book time with our team to discuss how to better your earning and burning strategies, check out Award Travel 1-on-1.
You can also email us or find us on Twitter or Instagram. If in-person meetups interest you, register for our next event Let's Go Crazy with AT in the TC. Tickets are now on sale!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.