AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
Aside from flying with American Airlines, there are many ways to earn AAdvantage miles. American has one of the broadest portfolios of co-branded credit cards, as well as multiple partners across the travel industry including airlines, hotels, car rentals, dining, and online shopping.
Earning AA Miles With Credit Cards
The simplest way to earn AA miles is by using AA co-branded credit cards for your spending. These cards include cards issued by Citi:
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold World Elite™ MasterCard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Visa®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® American Express®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold American Express®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold Visa®
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Select® Visa®
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Select® MasterCard®
And four cards issued by Barclays:
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Red Mastercard®
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Silver World Elite Mastercard®
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Blue Mastercard®
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®
American Airlines is not a transfer partner with any of the major flexible credit card rewards programs (Chase/Citi/Amex) however it is a transfer partner of Marriott Bonvoy, so any points earned on Marriott co-brand cards can be transferred to AAdvantage at a ratio of 3:1. Marriott cards include:
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
Remember if you transfer 60,000 Marriott points, there is a 5,000-mile bonus, and you will receive 25,000 miles.
Earn With Partner Airlines
As a member of the Oneworld Alliance, you can earn AAdvantage miles when you fly with any of its Oneworld partners simply by entering your AAdvantage number when you book:
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Iberia Airlines
- Japan Airlines/JAL
- Malaysia Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Royal Air Maroc
- Royal Jordanian
- S7 Airlines
- Sri Lankan Airlines
Also, American Airlines has partnerships with non-alliance airlines, and flying with them will also earn you AA miles:
- Air Tahiti Nui
- Alaska Airlines (and subsidiary Horizon Air)
- Cape Air
- China Southern Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- Fiji Airways
- GOL Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Seaborne Airlines
Earn AA Miles With Hotel Partners
American Airlines has a range of hotel partnerships, where your stays can earn you AA miles. Earning rates vary depending on the hotel. Keep in mind that earning airline miles for a hotel stay may negate any hotel rewards you'd earn.
- Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Intercontinental Hotel Group
- Marriott International
- Wyndham Hotels
Earning With Car Rental Partners
You can earn miles whenever you rent a car from one of 8 car rental/transportation companies partnering with AAdvantage:
Earn Miles For Dining
Like most major airlines, AA has its own dining program which is part of the rewards network, so you can earn miles whenever you dine out at select locations.
Earn Miles For Holidays
Earn Mile For Shopping
You can earn miles by shopping online with American Airlines’ shopping portal. The store links to over 950 retailers including some of the biggest names like Neiman Marcus, Samsung, and Macy’s. In addition, you can earn miles when ordering shopping for flowers at 1-800 flowers online. You can also earn with ThanksAgain when shopping at airports!
Earn With Survey & Promotional Sites
Earning miles without making any purchases is easy too. Thanks to sites like e-Rewards, you don't need to spend a thing to earn miles!
Earn With AwardWallet
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.