AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
This Alaska Miles Purchase promotion has ended, however, you can still purchase Alaska miles.
Alaska has launched a promotion providing up to a 40% bonus when purchasing MileagePlan miles through July 3, 2018.
- You need to log in to your Alaska Mileage Plan account to see your offer
- Promotion is valid through July 3, 2018
- You can purchase a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction
- There is no cap on the number of miles you can purchase or number of transactions you can complete
The bonus is tiered as follows:
- Earn a 20% bonus when you purchase between 10,000 and 19,000 miles
- Earn a 35% bonus when purchasing between 20,000 and 49,000 miles
- Earn a 40% bonus when you purchase 50,000 miles or more
One thing to remember is that the promotion page is not public, and you will have to log into your Alaska account to see what Alaska has in store for you. However, One Mile at a Time reports that some people are seeing a bonus of up to 50%.
Maximizing The Promo
Unfortunately, the purchase is processed by points.com so you will not be eligible for any credit card category bonuses. Your best option if you decide to purchase Alaska miles is to use a card optimized for everyday spend.
Alaska Mileage Plan remains our favorite frequent flyer program, and has some excellent sweet spots for redemptions, with great options redeeming on partner airlines to Asia, South Africa and the Middle East. If you are looking to boost your miles balance, then this promotion can make a lot of sense.
Source: One Mile at a Time
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.