AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Want free Gogo® In-flight Wi-Fi on your next domestic flight?
If you are a T-Mobile customer you are in luck. Starting June 13, 2016 as part of its ‘Uncarrier' branding and #GetThanked campaign, T-Mobile customers can access an hour of free Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi on domestic flights within the U.S. to surf the web, get those emails away that just can't wait and, well, check your Facebook feed for AwardWallet's latest blog post.
How To Access Your Free Gogo Inflight Wi-Fi
T-Mobile customers have had access to free in-flight texting since late 2014, however, the free hour offer will give you full internet access while on board.
Before you board, make sure to:
- Have a valid T-Mobile phone number.
- If you don’t have Wi-Fi Calling on your phone (required to send/receive SMS), no worries! You can still use data, iMessage, WhatsApp, and Viber.
- If you have a Wi-Fi Calling capable device, you can send and receive SMS, MMS, and VVM on top of the other benefits. You need to have a T-Mobile branded phone with Wi-Fi Calling, valid E911 address on file with T-Mobile for your mobile number. To review or add your 911 address please access your T-Mobile account, either via T-Mobile.com or via MyAccount on your handset. You will also need to have made at least one Wi-Fi call with your current SIM card on your current phone.
Once you’re on board:
- Follow the instructions from your cabin crew to hear when the Gogo service is available.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and make sure you’re connected to the ‘gogoinflight’ Wi-Fi network.
- Open the browser. Select the ‘T-Mobile FREE hour of in-flight Wi-Fi and unlimited texting’ option.
- Click the “LET’S GO” button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your device should connect to T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling.
- It can take a few minutes for your device to register on the ground for T-Mobile In-flight Texting. If you don’t want to wait, just reset (turn off, then on) your Wi-Fi or start messaging using iMessage, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp and Viber.
- Android Users: You should see a WFC icon, in the upper left corner.
- iPhone Users: Your network indicator should say “T-Mobile Wi-Fi”.
- Start texting and browsing!
It's that simple.
You will need a compatible device to access all of the features of the free Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi, however, any device with a valid T-Mobile phone number is eligible for the in-flight benefits. A full list of compatible devices can be found in the FAQ at the bottom of the promotional page.
It's a great offer for T-Mobile customers. Although Gogo's in-flight Wi-Fi can be inexpensive on domestic routes, free connectivity is always welcome.
You can find out all the details on T-Mobile's promotion page.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.