AwardWallet receives compensation from advertising partners for links on the blog. Terms Apply to the offers listed on this page. The opinions expressed here are our own and have not been reviewed, provided, or approved by any bank advertiser. Here's our complete list of Advertisers.
Offers for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card are not available through this site. All information has been independently collected by AwardWallet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer. Some offers may have expired. Please see our card marketplace for available offers.
The offer on the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card is no longer available through this site. Instead, check out the review of IHG's new premium rewards card.
The IHG PointBreaks promotion has been extended, please see more details here.
IHG is one of the biggest hotel groups in the world with over 5,000 properties globally. For members of their loyalty program, IHG Rewards Club, one excellent benefit is the quarterly PointBreaks promotion. The promo allows you book a room at certain properties for only 5,000 points per night. What makes the promotion exciting is that it is global, and IHG includes some great properties in the promotion which provide an outstanding value.
The Latest List
The new list for reservations made between January 30 and April 30, 2017, went live on January 27 at 12:00 PM EST. Looking at the new list, there are some good properties to be had in many destinations. Some of the choice locations include the following:
South and Central America and Mexico
- Intercontinental Maracaibo- Venezuela
- Intercontinental Real Santo Domingo- Dominican Republic
- Staybridge Suites Chihuahua- Mexico
- Crowne Plaza Villahermosa- Mexico
- Crowne Plaza San Pedro Sula- Honduras
- Crowne Plaza San Jose Corobici Conference Center- Costa Rica
- ANA Crowne Plaza Ube- Japan
- Crowne Plaza Hangzhou One Thousand Island Lake- China
- Crowne Plaza Tianjin Jinnan-China
- Crowne Plaza Bratislava- Slovakia
- Holiday Inn Nola – Naples Vulcano Buono- Italy
- Holiday Inn Dresden – City South- Germany
- Hotel Indigo Krakow – Old Town
Canada and the US
- Staybridge Suites Tomball- Texas
- Staybridge Suites Stroudsburg (East) Pocono- Pennsylvania
- Candlewood Suites Birmingham/Homewood- Alabama
- Candlewood Suites Anaheim – Resort Area- California
- Crowne Plaza Stamford- Connecticut
- Candlewood Suites Waterloo- Cedar Falls- Iowa
- Staybridge Suites Omaha West- Nebraska
- Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City – Quail Springs- Oklahoma
- Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport- Calgary
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites London- Ontario
This list is by no means exhaustive, with many other properties available at various locations. The promotion becomes active on January 30, 2017. So, you have the weekend to study the hotel list and your travel plans and make some good matchups.
How to Get IHG Points
If you want to take advantage of the offer but don’t have any IHG points, there are several avenues open to you. You can signup for the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card which earns 60,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
You can purchase IHG points with a 75% bonus. This offer is valid until February 5, 2017. However, this offer is targeted, so you will have to check that you are eligible. Alternatively, we reported recently on the 15% discount on the cash portion of points and cash IHG promotion. You can manipulate this promotion to buy points at a somewhat better rate than currently available with the 75% bonus. This promo has expired.
This is a great quarterly promotion from IHG so over the weekend check out all the destinations and your travel plans. You need to remember that you can only make two PointBreaks bookings per account and that the promotion only has limited availability, so make sure you book sooner rather than later!
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.